MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > The North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild Forum

The North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild Forum The North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild. Raising the general awareness of custom knives and the people who make them.

Old 05-19-2002, 06:14 AM
Dana Acker

What are y'all into these days?

Right now, I'm completing a large combat knife, for and designed by a Marine down in Pensacola, Fla. It's got an 8" polished and darkened blade with a steel single guard, green linen micarta handles. I'm also getting ready to put ironwood handles on a utility knife with a hand cut serrated blade (1 1/4" of the blade is serrated.) I've started a couple of pieces for the show in September (received my application from Tommy yesterday--Thanks Sir.) What are some of the rest of you working on?

Old 05-19-2002, 10:05 AM
Andrew McLurkin

I just finished two hunters and I designed a folder that is smaller then anything I've made so far. I've been working on smaller folders both length wise and in handle thickness.

I'm gald you'll be at our show in September. It's always a good time and sales tends to be good.

Thanks for taking the time to post on this forum.

Old 05-19-2002, 11:25 AM
Jones Knives

Barry and I are getting folders ready to take to the Blade Show in a couple weeks.
We have several newly designed folders to show off.

I am trying to finish up two swords also.
Old 05-19-2002, 08:42 PM
ghostdog

swords

Hey Phillip, I know you are busy but if ya get a chance post a pic of the swords, if you don't mind. I love swords.

ghostdog
Old 05-20-2002, 11:34 AM
Dana Acker

Re: swords

Phillip & Barry's work is superb. And they work too. Phillip brought this huge 1/2 knife--1/2 sword to one of our hammer-ins a while back. When we ran short of charcoal, he proceeded to start chopping up hardwood logs to "roast" to replace it. We chopped wood with that piece for two days--and it was still sharp when he left. They da men. Their Katanas are primo too.
Old 05-20-2002, 01:17 PM
Jones Knives

All that chopping nearly wore my flabby arm out too, but I was able to keep the charcoal supply going.

I plan on getting Terril Hoffman to take some photos of the two swords. I will post them after he does.
Old 05-20-2002, 01:41 PM
ghostdog

swords

Dana, yup. I am the proud owner of a bowie made by Phillip.

Phillip thanks, that would be way kewl.

ghostdog
Old 05-20-2002, 08:38 PM
Barry Jones

The only problem (I don't really consider this a problem though) is that we have to strap that big chopper to your hand if you are gonna use it. The weight of the blade wants to pull it right out of your grip. You can go thru a tree in little time with it though.

BTW, You guys can take my word on it. The 2 swords Phillip is working on are gonna be awesome. They have polished edges that are pure evil.

Dana,
I would love to see pics of that combat piece when you get it done. I have a certain affinity for combat knives.
Old 05-24-2002, 01:21 PM
Dana Acker

I'll do my best to accomdate, Barry. Hopefully a friend of mine will get pics this weekend.

Tags
blade, knife, knives