MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Supply Center

The Supply Center What's Hot ... and where the deals are! Supplies are our specialty ...

Old 05-25-2002, 09:54 AM
slaughac

blue ridge knife company

I'm thinking about starting a knife business, and I contacted the Blue Ridge Knife company to request one of their catalogs. They said they would not send me one unless I send them a copy of my business #######. Well, I don't want to start a business and get a business ####### until I find out how much the cost would be to buy the knives and how much the markup would be. I could change my mind after getting the catalog and decide that the knife business is not for me, and then I've wasted time and money getting the business #######. So, I was wondering if there is someone out there who might have some old Blue Ridge Knife catalogs and price lists that they don't mind sending to me so I can determine if this is something I want to pursue. If you don't have anything you can send, can you at least give me some examples of your costs and the percentage of markup to get the retail cost. You can email me at slaughac@msn.com .
Old 05-25-2002, 11:05 AM
Don Cowles

Your cost from Blue Ridge (or any other wholesaler) is approximately half of the retail price.
Old 05-25-2002, 07:46 PM
Craig Blankenship

Don is right. Any company you deal with will be @ 1/2 retail price, plus shipping. Also, you will need the business liscense to be able to buy from these companies.

I have just recently gotten in touch with Blue Ridge myself but have never done any business with them.

I have done business in the past with Moteng, NKDI, and Valor. I plan on doing some business with Blue Ridge in the future as I have always heard good things about them.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-02-2002, 08:46 AM
Shadowenterprise

Blue Ridge has a good selection, but the sales ladies act like they don't have a CLUE about knives.

and this is a custom knife forum.

Tags
knife, knives