MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 02-02-2022, 12:26 AM
Registered

Glad to join this forum. I m Allissa Outdoor sportsman from Fallon, MT what brand of folding knives comes shave sharp
Old 02-02-2022, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome! Had to look up Fallon MT. Never been there, but many years ago I did some work around Beach ND and travelled a couple of times to Glendive. Interesting country, but far too cold for this Texas boy!

I moved your post from the Sheath Making forum to the Knife Network Community, as that's a better spot for a "new member" post. It didn't seem from your post that you were focused on sheath making.

As for what brand of folding knives come shave sharp, many quality brands come that sharp, but the trick is figuring out what steel was used so that it holds that edge. Of course, there are many custom knife makers on here that can make one to fit an exact need. There are also links for making knives, so that you could make your own, if that's what you want to do.

For my money, I favor Buck knives for the quality of the knife and the steel. They always seem to be designed for real world uses. I've got an old Model 105 that served my hunting needs for more decades than I'd like to admit.

Tags
bee, blade, brand, buck, buck knives, ca, cold, custom, custom knife, edge, folding, folding knives, hunting, interesting, knife, knives, make your own, makers, making, post, sharp, sheath, sheath making, steel, what steel