MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2022, 11:49 AM
Enthusiast

Another KBAC issue

I am quite frustrated with my KBAC 27-D. It has broken three times now to the tune of $200 a pop to get it fixed by the "factory".

Background: I bought a new 2x72 about three years ago and bought the 27-D to run the grinder. I had it set up to run off of 110v input to the 27-D It worked great for about a year. After a year, when I would try to start it, the grinder would move a very tiny bit and stop like the motor was not getting enough juice to kick over (maybe). Then the drive quit altogether. I sent it back to the factory, who fixed it ($200). It ran great for about a year, then BAM, same problem. Sent it back to the factory, who fixed it ($200) again. This time, before it quit, I was able to find out it was giving a low voltage error. Frustrated with the whole situation, I had all new power professionally run to my shop. I had a new breaker box and all new circuits added including a dedicated 220v circuit for my grinder. When the KBAC showed back up from it's repair, I set it up to be fed by the 220 and it worked fine for...about a year. Then, same problem, it died last weekend after hesitating to start up a couple of times. I checked all the connections inside the 27-D and at the plug and all was well. Checked the outlet and it shows 240v. A friend suggested I may have gotten a lemon. I have installed a China VFD to get me by while I decide what to do with the 27-D this time.

Has anyone had similar issues with a 27-D?

Tags
2x72, 550, a, art, baldor, bee, belt, belt grinder, brand, ca, case, chris, fac, fixed, grinder, interesting, leeson, motor, problem, products, repair, shop, surface, tiny, vfd