MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2015, 08:12 PM

A real first run Randall miniature

I thought I'd share this, not only because it's an ultra rare Randall but it's also 100% authentic. First run Randall minis are among the most desirable of Randall collectable's. Because of this, first run miniatures are the most counterfeited Randall on the planet. It's been said the 11 out of 10 first run Randall minis are counterfeit!

For several years in the early to mid-1980's I would get a miniature Randall from my (ex) wife for Christmas. I would request what mini I wanted and ultimately I ended up paying for them. I bought the small tooth at a local show and sent it to the shop to be used on a mini model #1. I hoped that the shop would cut up the tooth and make a proportionately sized handle. Instead the tooth simply got mounted on the mini.
In the early 1990's I sold my miniatures to get my first boat (could I BE any dumber?!) I recently had the opportunity re-acquire this one-off, first issue Randall miniature.

Though this mini model #1 is legitimate the caveat is worth repeating, these are exceedingly rare and most...MOST are not genuine. The mini model #1 below is shown with the new Copper Mini #27 for comparison.

Tags
bee, blade, buy, chris, christmas, common, forged, handle, how to, ivory, knife, knife blade, knife making, knives, made, make, making, randall, rare, reference, shop, show, small, stainless