MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:47 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyRayTurner View Post
~ Ha Ha Ha ~ I like that a Twelve Step Program ~ ! Ha Ha Ha ~ !
Jeremy, glad you got a good laugh on that one! Funny that nowadays there is a 12 step program for anything that might be deemed a "problem", but I just know from experience that just "forging" ahead and completing that project is the only way to get it done.

In my case I have a nice shop and have a great day job also, and am in no hurry to get something done to sell or recoup my money. Someday I might just concentrate on only one project, but the that would not be as much fun!

Tony Z
Kansas City, MO

"Retreat? Hell, we just got here!"
Captain Lloyd Williams, USMC
Battle Of Belleau Wood June 1918
Old 01-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Enthusiast

I like turtles! But with all due respect, I don't see this as belly achin'. It's more like a bunch of people, bitten by a particular affliction, rambling to their buddies, laughing at themselves and their buddies about having too many irons in the fire, and maybe a little learning from others on how to steer away from doing that. Kinda thought that this was part of what these type of forums were for. having a laugh and a little fun is just an added bonus. Besides, I certainly can't vent to my wife about my knife making conundrums, she couldn't care less. LOL.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:47 AM
Steel Addict

Blue Eaglebum don't feel bad about you're wife not caring... Mine doesn't either! Anytime the UPS or fedex guy shows up she always bit@hing...."how could you possibly need to buy more knifemaking stuff!" She doesn't have a clue...nor does she care to!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:59 AM

Wes, was not intended to demean in anyway, just (and as a working man you know this), the job is not done while one talks about not getting the job done. We all hit spots where we start to wonder why....
Successful people are the ones that push through the doubt, make it work and finish the task.

I like turtles as well, my NA name translates to Blue Turtle and my free trapper buddies call me Curly Blue Turtle (no do not have curly hair). Not because I'm slow either.

You're in a great area for bladesmiths, bunch of them in the western part of the state.

Hey you guys, Momma will start not caring when you get to old and decrepted to work in your shop. I have a counter comment that usually kills the conversation.....she's a seamstress/tailor so has more wrapped up in her machines and supplies than I'll ever have. Just have to remind her from time to time how much the Huskavarna and the Bernandina cost (then go buy her something sparkly).

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 01-31-2014, 08:50 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks, Carl. My favorite color is blue. Just never have seen a blue turtle. LOL.

Tags
art, billet, blades, common, damascus, forge, forged, grinding, guards, gun, hammer, heat, heat treat, hobby, knife, knives, leather, made, make, pins, problem, tang, throw, tools, welding