MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 12-31-2021, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Happy new year!

Happy New Year to everyone!

We've made it through another crazy year, and I don't see any reason to expect anything less in 2022.

I have something in the works right now, that I am very excited about, but have to wait a bit longer before letting the cat outta the bag. But I am looking forward to it, in the new year.

I've opened up my calendar for 2022 Bladesmithing classes, so if anyone is interested, you can find details here : http://www.caffreyknives.net/classes.html

I'm going to try to hold prices at there current level for as long as I can...but the cost of everything has jumped so much.... not sure I can. Propane alone has gone stupid expensive around here in the last month! GEEZ!

I was planning to go to the Blade Show in Atlanta this year....but as of now, my Doctor is strongly recommending against traveling for me..... so if I can sweet talk the show folks into it, I'm going to see if they will hold my table for 2023 for me.

Looking back at 2022.... as most would likely say... it was overall just plain crazy. For our household, we welcomed a new family member.... a Corgi pup we named Cutter. What a hoot! I've been a Lab guy forever, but when we visited the pups, this little guy came to me 3X.... and then tried to follow me out the door.... so I guess you could say HE, picked me.

and of course he and Blade get along great...sharing the bed under one of the benches in the finish shop.....

With today's high predicted to be -3F.... they have the right idea! If Cdent sees this.... I bet it's colder for you up there in Havre, MT!

From everyone here, we wish you all Blessings and the Best in the New Year!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 12-31-2021, 02:38 PM
Master

Happy New Year to you Ed!

'21 was crazy and was pretty "challenging" to work through at many levels. Our best for '22 with good health, safety and time to enjoy with loved ones.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Old 01-02-2022, 08:09 AM
Steel Addict

@Ed: Congrats on the new dog. Those corgi are neat dogs. Never owned one, but have read about the breed. Looks like Blade is accepting Cutter much better than Tango (12 yr old male Shih Tzu) accepted our new 8 wk old Shih Tzu puppy. For the first week Tango wouldn't even look at puppy, look away, leave room. Tango eating from bowl and puppy come over, Tango would leave food for puppy. Tango seemed to say "I didn't vote for new dog, it doesn't exist!". Now they are best buddies.

Like you we'd been planning Blade this year, but now I don't think so. Maybe next year?

@Texas Jack: I like that cartoon, pretty much sums up most folks view of 2022 - what's it going to bring?

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.
Old 01-03-2022, 12:27 AM
Master

Happy New Year Ed and to all. Every now and then, -3 looks pretty good. Had a quiet Christmas, but we had Ryan up for a bit. He had a little detour Christmas Eve thing, and we picked him up in GFs, long night, went down to bozo so he could snowboard for a bit. He wasn't much help shoveling snow last week, said it was too cold:

I'll edit to add, the new pup's a cutie. That face picture has some resemblance. You may have mentioned it, but I suppose Boomer has moved on to that big kennel in the sky?

Last edited by cdent; 01-03-2022 at 02:39 PM.

Tags
back, bee, blade, blade show, bladesmithing, ca, chris, christmas, cold, finish, knife, made, propane, safety, shop, show