MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 05-05-2022, 01:45 AM
Registered

hello everybody

Hello ,

My name is maxime, i'm french so sorry for my English I'll do my best to write well.

I had my first experience in black smith last year , two days in a blacksmith shop to do an axe. This experience was a revelation, the smell of charcoal, the sound in the shop, I knew this is what I want to do for living.
The second experience was in a knifesmith shop and it was good to
My third experience was a one week Internship where I learn to forge a hammer and the tools needed to forge it.

My "shop" if i can call it like that , is at a friend house , I have a charcoal forge , a gaz forge, a little anvil on foot (60lb/30kg)

For the moment I have forge two pairs of tongs, some anvil tools and mostly some little stuff , beer opener, and 3 knifes.

I have a lot of stuff to learn to improve my skill and a hope to find some quality
Stuff on this forum to add at my knowledge.

And I re-apologize for my bad English.

Thank you for your time if you had tried to read me.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:22 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

Welcome Maxime! Seems like you are already off to a good start and your English is good enough. This forum can help you with general knife making information and some forging information as well. We also have another forum called Ed Caffrey's Workshop that focuses on forging so you should also check that out....

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Old 05-06-2022, 03:26 PM
Enthusiast

Welcome maxime always good to meet another blacksmith. I started in general blacksmithing about 12 years ago so I am happy to also answer any questions I can about general blacksmithing. Even though I do forge blades too, Ed is a much better source for forging blades. If I can suggest a YouTube channel for you, I would check out Black Bear Forge. Hands down, the best blacksmithing instructional videos I have found on YouTube. He demonstrates a large variety of projects and tecnhniques. Let me know if I can help...
Old 05-09-2022, 09:26 AM
Steel Addict

Welcome Maxine - Sounds like you've found your life's work? Congrats. Don't worry about your English, it's just fine. Pictures of your work are always welcome. Chris is always helpful, and Ed goes beyond the "call of duty" helping folks with knife making, and shop ideas. Welcome and don't be a stranger - post your projects and questions.

Tags
anvil, art, axe, black, blacksmith, blacksmithing, blades, ca, charcoal forge, chris, demo, forge, forging, hammer, help., knife, knife making, making, post, shop, tools, workshop, youtube