MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Old 03-31-2002, 07:13 AM
ATFAB

Jar,
Just don?t carry your coffee mug concealed.

I saw a bumper sticker that said ?I love my country but fear my government?

I would venture to say that the average person would be safer in any of our living rooms, with all our knives, guns, axes, screw#######, and garden implements, than in Ted Kennedy?s car (or any of his relatives houses).

I used to carry a pocket screwdriver, a folding hunter on my hip, a small pocketknife and a nail clipper, all for my work. Could I have been called a terrorist?

An example of this, I have been driving for a limo/taxi service since I was laid off last year. Going to the local county airport in a 2 year old Cadillac sedan, I have to show my ID, company call sheet and allow an inspection of my car. I am an American born white male wearing a suit and tie. As I?m sitting there with some rent a cop looking in the spare tire well, they wave thru a poorly dressed, diaper headed taxi driver, in a 10 year old Chevy cab.

This law sounds like some more of the ?feel good? laws that are coming out since the 9/11/01 mess. I pray that cooler heads will prevail soon.

PaulD

Old 04-02-2002, 08:50 AM
blckbear

I understand the need for security, even in at the happiest place on earth...... no not our shop.... Disneyland. But, OK heres one bore bitch, when a happy security officer looks through my 2 yr. old diaper bag and tell me she needs to confiscate his nail clipers that's crazy.

She didn't say anything about the 3 inch damascus blade that was on my hip. Go Figure.

Mike
Old 04-02-2002, 10:58 AM
JossDelage

Vote Libertarian....

JD

Tags
blade, folding knife, knife, knives, pocketknife