MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 08-17-2023, 04:13 PM
Registered

Talking Some counsel on my German luftwaffe fallschirmjager gravity knife

So I bought a supposedly original German paratrooper gravity knife and was wondering if it really is the genuine article. should've decided that much for myself but in all honesty I wasn't sure so I've come here. I'm gonna put a link to the listing on allaboutpocketknives

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com...-gravity-knife

It's missing the locking lever, figured I'd try and make it myself either by buying a reproduction and taking some measurements of its lever or finding something online, I don't have any tools or a workspace yet but I'm trying to prepare either way.

This parts off-topic but I was wondering if guns are an open subject on this site because I have a 1879 winchester hotchkiss that's missing a couple parts so that may be one of my inquiries.

Last edited by Knife2meetyah76; 08-17-2023 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2023, 07:43 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

If you look at the Forum Jump lit box at the bottom of this page you will find forums called Historical Inspiration and This Old Knife. If no one here can answer your question maybe one of those forums can help.

I would imagine that many knife makers also have considerable knowledge of guns but there are more appropriate forums on the internet than this one for that discussion- . . .

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Tags
a, ca, german, gravity knife, guns, knife, knives, make, makers, old knife, question, tools, vintage, ww2 gravityknife