Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
New Posts | New PhotosAll Photos

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Photography Discussion

Knife Photography Discussion Share and improve your techniques on knife photography. Web and print imaging discussions welcome. Come on in ...

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Kevin R. Cashen Kevin R. Cashen is offline
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hubbardston, MI
Posts: 324
Help with adapter dilemma?

If any of you folks who are much more familiar with camera accessories than I could help me out with a possible source for an odd item I am in need of. I just got a new microscope that should solve all of my problems and have me very happily taking pictures of the inside of steel for some time. It is an Olympus unit that has a 35mm film camera attached to it that I will use very seldom, when I need direct hard copies. I wanted to hook my digital camera to it like I have with my other microscopes and I was thrilled when I detached the film camera mount that the opening has very crisp and unused 37mm female threads.

My camera adapter kit uses what I believe is a 35mm or 35.5mm coarser threads. So it would appear that I need a reverse adapter that will be have a male 37mm on one side and a male 35mm on the other. I have been looking and am beginning to think such a beast does not exist, do any of you gentleman know where I may find something like it, or at least a way to put a few rings together to achieve the transition?

Last edited by Kevin R. Cashen; 07-27-2006 at 06:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Terrill Hoffman's Avatar
Terrill Hoffman Terrill Hoffman is offline
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 639
I'm really not sure I understand what you need BUT I thinbk you might be looking for something similar to "filter adaptors" They are used to allow different size filters to be used on mutiple lenses. Try one of the major photographic supply houses such as Calumet.

Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:07 PM
EdStreet EdStreet is offline
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 1,050
head over to and check out their adapters. they go in place on the lens and mounts directly to the camera body. Stay away from filter adapters for microscopes as they will cause some a great disturbance.


Gold is for the mistress - silver for the maid
Copper for the craftsman cunning in his trade.
"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall
But steel - cold steel is master of them all.
Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Kevin R. Cashen Kevin R. Cashen is offline
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hubbardston, MI
Posts: 324
I am sorry I should have mentioned that I have an entire adapter setup that can handle 23mm, 30mm eyepieces and many other sizes. It has been working in my trinocular microscopes for some time, but the new scope was designed for metallography and has a lower port and built in timed exposure equipment specifically for photography. It is this port, when the film camera is removed that has 37mm female threads. When just holding the camera and adapter up to this port, and holding the microscopes built in shutter open, the image looks great. So I am dying to find the part that will allow me to mount it there and start snapping some nice pictures.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.

Copyright © 2000
? CKK Industries, Inc. ? All Rights Reserved
Powered by ...

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
The Knife Network : All Rights Reserved