View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 10:12 PM
Skilled

Hey Mike
I think part of the disconnect is that the majority of us are lay people and don't understand what goes into building/maintaining these websites. All we know is they are here and we can interact.
It has been intimated a number of times that this is a good pace to come for information about knives. A library of sorts, a database that can be preserved and accessed in the future. So again, I don't think your average member, like me, understand the nuts and bolts of the day to day management of these websites.
So it looks like the time has come over at KTF to move into the future or fold, so they are scrambling, trying to salvage a antiquated website. It will be interesting to see where it goes. It would be a shame to loose all of the research and photos and information over there, and here as well.
I spent much time over the years starting new threads as I was/am passionate about Randall's, and there are a handful of others here that were/are as well. We will have to see how it goes. I Generated this thread 2 days ago, and it has been viewed 60+ times...definately needs work. We will see.
Thanks again Mike for your input!
Sam