View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 08:59 AM
Skilled

Thanks Mike. I am one who enjoys the history of Randall Made knives, and the stories of the development of the various models, and always enjoy seeing the old ones pop up from time to time.
The stories behind them are amazing too.
A Randall Sportsman 12-9 from the 1955-57 era came up for auction a couple months ago and I was lucky enough to win it.
The seller had covered up the etched name on the blade, so when it arrived I looked him up. Turns out that he headed up a crew of 4 canoers who paddled from Denver Co to Old Town Maine in the summer of 1957. A 5000 mile trip. It was covered by newspapers around the country, and Life Magazine d## a 10 page feature of if in June of 1958. I d## some digging in newspaper archives and found a couple of pictures of the knife on his s##e! Great stuff..I'm a big fan of the Astro and its back story too. The Military models too models 1 and 2, 14 and 15, also the 12 bowies. The list goes on and on.
At any rate, I'm very appreciative to everyone I mentioned above and I'm sure I missed some, like Tattoo Bill, he has contributed some very interesting Randall's too!
But not only do I plan to save all of the threads that are of interest to me, but I will also print them out and put them in my collection. I have the the entire RKS archive in print.
Hope everyone is having a great New Years Eve
Samg.