View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
A "Split Personality" Idea

Hi Gang!
I made this one a few months ago, and have been carrying it as my EDC. It is a version of my "Split Personality" Folder/Flipper, based off my Model 7 Ultralight pattern.

Typically I build these with one "tactical" side (lock side that is stonewashed Titanium, with the side of the Damascus blade unetched), and one "dress" side, that is full on Damascus.

With this particular one, I decided to build two blades.... one Damascus, and another of 80CRV2. I am considering offering it in this format/configuration and wanted everyones' thoughts. Should I? Should I not?

I can see there being a possible issue with owners loosing screws/hardware, and/or tearing thing up if they are not careful changing blades in and out...... so am considering including a "no fault" notice that I am not responsible for lost parts, or damages caused by changing out the blades..... of maybe I should just keep doing it the way I always have.... with one blade??

Anyway.... here are pics of mine....

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."