View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 01:40 PM
Steel Addict

While Leeson and Baldor have manufacturing plants all over the world including China, there is a world of difference between "made in China" products, all depending. There are some items that are built in China at the lowest possible cost, and other items while manuf'd in China still go thru close inspections by USA personnel to assure good quality. There is a well know Pressure relief valve company that has relief valves manuf'd in USA as well as their own plant in China where inspectors from USA oversee the production to be sure it's of good quality. Got to be for major chemical plants in USA to use the relief valves.

What Ed says about size of wire is interesting, I'd not really thought about that in motor manuf'ing. I do know when you order insulated wire that's "made in China" most of the time a #12AWG wire will actually measure about #13. Just about 1 odd size smaller than the Chinese spec it.

I do hope you have good luck with the Chinese VFD, as mentioned many times in the past I use Chinese VFDs with good success.

Ken H>