View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 10:00 AM
Guru

Carpenter's CTS-XHP

hey guys so I am wondering about this CTS-XHP steel made by carpenter. I have seen it a lot lately on folding knives and some tactical fixed blades. Has anyone worked with this steel...I do not plan on buying any of it right this moment but there are a few steels I have been thinking about and I am going to do some research on all of them and then make my decision what would be best in a couple months. I want to spend a decent amount of time on research before I pull the trigger so I figured this steel would be a great spot to start as I have seen this one more and more than any other steel...when I was at the NY knife show last week a huge amount of folders were using this steel. So yes I have looked over the spec sheet but I want to get a "real world" opinion on this steel....So if anyone has used this steel I would like to know what you think everything from performance to how you heat treated it. Even if you haven't made a knife from this steel but maybe have used a knife or this steel your opinion on that would be valuble as well. It seems like one of the most popular steels for folders and tactical so I figured a good steel to check out....another steel I have been thinking about (I haven't even check the spec sheet on this one just know its another popular steel for folders) I am talking about elemax...any one got thoughts on this steel as well? Thanks guys!