The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions

The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions (http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Business of Knife Making (http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Online payment services? (http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70070)

M&J 12-07-2021 07:47 PM

Online payment services?
 
Is Paypal still good or have you found other payments services more to your liking?

I discussed this with our banking agent today and his suggestion was Zelle.
Your thoughts?

Bob Hatfield 12-18-2021 11:53 AM

I dropped PayPal recently. I did not mind the 3% charge for the sale of the knife, but recently they also charged me 3% for transferring the funds to my local bank for a total of 6%. I cater to big game hunters with my knives and some of them refuse to use Paypal due to feeling that PayPal is anti gun.

M&J 12-18-2021 02:53 PM

Glad you mentioned that, I had a PP account years ago but have ceased using them due to the changes made over the years. Went back to read the TOS and Paypal has this in the prohibited area: (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...ptableuse-full

For supporters of Knife Rights and the 2A, I would not choose Paypal either.

They will seize funds if they are aware of the transaction. My banker relayed to me how much a PITA Paypal can be if there is a problem.

billyO 12-20-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&J (Post 502087)
They will seize funds if they are aware of the transaction. My banker relayed to me how much a PITA Paypal can be if there is a problem.

I think a little nuance is needed here.

For those knifemakers making kitchen cutlery, this shouldn't be a problem. One of the reasons I don't make bowies....

M&J 12-21-2021 02:03 PM

They have that so generic that whomever may audit a transaction the definition of weapon could be pretty broad. Care should be taken when describing payment for goods/services.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
The Knife Network : All Rights Reserved