Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Axeman58

Conversation Between Axeman58 and Cat skinner
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Axeman58
    05-27-2016 08:47 PM
    Axeman58
    Sam, thanks for your reply! I was able to fumble my way thru wiring my oven up. I had an electrical engineer go over my build before I even plugged the oven in. His only comment was " You've over built this thing!". I tend to do that a lot.
    My only problem now is learning the Auber Instruments PID I'm using. Well, I will be using it if I ever learn the English translation of the engineer lingo the manual is written in. It definitely ain't 58 year old dumb Okie friendly.
    If I might ask, how is the 110v version of our oven working for you? I ask because I've never been around an electric HT set up. All my HTing was done with my coal rivet forge until I went nuts and built my propane setup. It seems as tho I'm spending more time building equipment to make better knives than I am building actual knives!
    Sorry for the mini-novel, more over-doing it on my part.
    I hope you and yours have a great Memorial Day weekend! Thanks again.
    Terry
  2. Cat skinner
    04-16-2016 08:14 PM
    Cat skinner
    Terry thanks for the kind words. Mine is running on 120. The wiring is really quite simple as such I didn't have a schematic. You should see the thread (wiring diagram help ) I think that is what it's called in the heat treating section it might help. If you have more questions let me know but please be patient as I'm not online very much. Sam
  3. Axeman58
    04-12-2016 07:43 PM
    Axeman58
    Sam, hi, I just saw your oven pics. Very nice! You built to the exact chamber size as I am. If I may, I have a question or 2 for you regarding your wiring. Did you wire it 220? If so, are you willing to help me with my wiring? I've studied every schematic I can find, and it's just not clicking in my head so far. Thanks, Terry.