MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 04-28-2004, 03:19 PM
Guru

watch your step....

Had a close call Monday afternoon at work. I was with a co-employee out at one of our waste storage facilities and doing a walk-around on the bulding. I had walked by one certain spot a couple times and something finally caught my eye. I looked down and saw a 4.5' rattlesnake about 12" from my foot, coiled up and ready to go at my leg! Luckily, he was just finishing shedding and was a little slow/tired out. I darn near stepped on him at least twice! I guess I had all other noises and such tuned out at the time. I wasn't expecting to see one out there so I wasn't really listening for it. This is the first one anyone has seen out here since the building was built in 1975!

Week before last I was moving around a cinder block and had reached inside to grip it about 8 times. I finally looked inside and there was a black widow with about a 1cm long abdomen! I guess she was in a good mood that day!

I better go play the lottery tonight before the luck runs out!

Old 04-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Think I might take that act to Vegas!

I was wondering how somebody could get into such trouble, then I noticed the Byran-College Station address!

Reminded me of the time years ago when a biologist at work found out the janitors were trying to remove a snake they found under a sink with rakes. He marched in and very indignantly lectured them on how the poor snake was more scared of them than they were of him. He bent down to look at the snake and it promptly bit him. Later that week, he went to see the boss's new house, which included a pond. He walked down to the pond to see the geese the boss bought to keep down the plant life. The geese came out of the water and, yes, bit him in various tender areas all the way back to the house.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Skilled

I've already killed one copperhead about a ft" long this year.It's getting warm and their out and about

NT screaming gamecock Gann
Old 04-29-2004, 01:27 PM
Guru

No, the vegas act would be my wife's reaction when I got home from work and said "Honey, look what I found...." and pulled a clear plastic bag with a very pissed off rattlesnake inside, out of the back of my truck.

I actually thought it was dead when it went into the bagat work . I guess it was just *mostly* dead.

It's chili meat now.

PS Where you from Jack?