MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 07-26-2001, 09:30 AM
dson

D/A

This is my latest one. Double Trouble D/A. Devin Thomas Sharkstooth Damascus Blade, Bolsters and Backspacer. Pretty Blue/Green Ivory. 3-1/2" Blade 4-7/16" Closed.

Old 07-26-2001, 10:54 AM
Don Cowles

Nice, Larry. I especially like the treatment of the back spacer.
Old 07-26-2001, 11:34 AM
viper5192

Awesome looking knife! And a D/A also! Way to go!
Old 07-26-2001, 12:53 PM
Mike Conner

WOW that is one awesome knife. Are you going to be showing at the Spirit Of Steel Show in September?

Old 07-26-2001, 08:17 PM
Dexter Ewing

RE: D/A

Larry - Sweet! Nice job on that. I like the spacer too - how did you go about texturing it?
Old 07-26-2001, 08:41 PM
dson

Re: RE: D/A

Thanks guys.
I won't have it at the Spirit of Steel. It sold about an hour after I put it up on the forums. I hope to have a couple more done up by then. Maybe not as pimped out as this one. I've got a couple of ideas I want to try on the next generation of Double Troubles'.
I want to build some smaller versions. Maybe 2-7/8" to 3" blades, about 6" or so overall.
Thanks again for the kind comments. I know it is loud, but I didn't know any better at the time. It just sort of took on a life of it's on. IT'S ALIVE!! IT'S ALIVE!! LarryD

Dexter, I do the nuggeting with a dremel motor and an 1/8" ballnose carbide die burr. Just get jiggy with it. I hold it in one hand and draw little patterns varying the pressure to the tool tip. ld
Old 07-27-2001, 03:41 AM
ansoknives

Re: RE: D/A

Holy cow!...it is a very nice piece you have made there.....How do you fit bolster to handlematerial?
Old 07-31-2001, 09:15 AM
dson

holy cow

Thanks for the holy cow Jens! I do my bolsters and scales on my cnc mill. It's an old one, but it does a nice job tho somewhat slowly. You can do it if you make a couple of jigs out of D-2. One male and one female, hardened as hard as you can get em and don't temper them. Rough cut the bolsters and scales.
Clamp the parts to the jigs and grind real easy up to the jig. It works reall good and it's actually faster that cnc, you just have to make the jigs right. (A real good way is to harden a 1/4" piece of D-2 , say 1/4' x 1-1/2" or 2" long enough to make both pieces of the jig. Then have Bailey Bradshaw wire cut your patterns. He's very reasonable on edm prices.) Hope that helps. LarryD
Old 07-31-2001, 12:08 PM
ansoknives

Re: holy cow

Thanks!...ya that really helps!

Tags
blade, knife