MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The S.R. "Steve" Johnson Forum

The S.R. "Steve" Johnson Forum Specialized knife making tips, technique and training for "ultra precision" design work enthusiasts.

Old 02-25-2002, 10:03 AM
davidct2002

Interesting ...

Hi There,

I am very pleased to have found this forum and am very pleased to see that Steve Johnson has a forum and is online. I have only heard about Steve Johnson from my father who really admires his work.

My dad, Rob Brown, recently released his website and has included a how-to section. We received a comment from an overseas maker that some of the techniques he discussed in his "tapering tangs" article were similar to those used by Steve Johnson. It would be very interesting to find out if this is indeed true.

Our site can be accessed via www.robbrownknives.co.za.

This really looks like a great forum and an amazing knife resource - I'll defianately pass the address onto my father.

Kind Regards

David Brown (Webmaster and Rob's son)
Old 02-25-2002, 08:16 PM
Knifemaker01

Hi David; good to see you here at the CKD forums. Funny, but a couple of us were discussing in the Paltalk room recently the similarity of the clean lines, etc. of Steve's work, and Rob's.

Steve
Old 02-25-2002, 09:37 PM
srjknives

There is a fairly lengthy discussion on this topic on the forum. Thank you for your kind words. We hope there is some good information here.

Goto:

pub42.ezboard.com/fcustom...=114.topic
Old 02-25-2002, 11:32 PM
davidct2002

Thanks for the reply's. I will pass the article onto my father.

Yes, ever since my dad has been making knives I think he has been influenced by Bob Loveless and Steve Johnson's designs. While I was growing up they became household names. So, even though I have never made a knife myself and went the IT route - I know the history.

Thanks again for a great forum.

David Brown
Old 02-26-2002, 12:20 AM
SIGGI

David,

Your Dad's tutorials are fantastic. You should get him online here and have him get his tutorials on the CKD tutorial link.

Tell you Dad thanks for all his fine work!!!

Bob Sigmon
Old 05-14-2002, 12:16 AM
srjknives

You need to check out Rob's web site. I looked at the tutorial on making a guard and learned a lot. Thanks, Rob. Go there, you'll learn something.

Hope Rob will visit us.

www.robbrownknives.co.za./default.asp
Old 05-16-2002, 03:09 PM
davidct2002

Steve

First let me thank you for your comments in my guestbook - it really is appreciated, for me it's starting to read like the "who's-who" in the knife world - and I'm very proud of it.
David, my rather outspoken son and webmaster, has really said it all. I have been an admirer of yours and Bob Loveless' work from the start - I hope it still shows.
It has been a fantastic experience for me on the net - having only recently become active (since Jan 02) with the launch of my site - and am still battling with the "idiots guide to p.c.'s".
The amount of information available and the willingness of all to share and become involved is simply mind blowing, as is the quality of the makers, collectors and interested parties I have come in contact with.
I have definitely learnt more in the last 4 months than I have in the last 10 years.
I have thoroughly enjoyed your forum and the rest of the C.K.D. site (starting to develop square eyes) and hope to have my site hosted by Alex in the near future.
Really good to hear my tutorials have benefitted some - makes it all the more worthwhile and enjoyable doing them - hope to do some more soon.
Thanks once again to all, take care.
Rob Brown
Old 05-16-2002, 03:52 PM
srjknives

Thank you, Rob, for the visit, and for taking the time to say hello.

Next time I need help i'll check out your tutorials.

Best, Steve
Old 05-16-2002, 10:09 PM
primos

Rob,
It's great to have you over here with us. You do some fabulous work. Your tutorials are great too -- first class stuff.

I hope you'll be a regular here. We'd be proud to have you. David has done an absolutely wonderful job with your website. You should get him to help you setup an account here at the CKD forums.

Terry's Website

Old 05-17-2002, 02:21 AM
davidct2002

Okay...got my father sorted out.

Hi There,

I have just created an account for my father so hopefully he will now frequent these forums. Keep a look out for RobBrownSA!

Haven't been here for a while...great to see all the chatting!

Cheers for now,

David
Old 05-17-2002, 08:06 AM
srjknives

Re: Okay...got my father sorted out.

Thanks, Dave. We old guys need help now and thenwith this web/computer/forum stuff. Drop a line now and then yourself, OK?
Old 05-17-2002, 08:36 AM
RobBrownSA

There We Go

Terry

Thanx - have had a good look at your site, those two awards are certainly well deserved - congrats! Your tutorials and KNIVES are brilliant, you certainly have a most appealing way with all you turn your hand to.

Re: Links - David's just returned from Brazil (a 3 week working trip, unfortunately) and hopes to update A.S.A.P.

Regards, Rob

Steve,

Thanks. These youngsters never understand.

Rob

Tags
knife, knives