MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Supply Center

The Supply Center What's Hot ... and where the deals are! Supplies are our specialty ...

Old 07-09-2002, 06:09 PM
Skilled

Well still NO phone call here!And if I am lying then the answering machine is lying and the Caller-ID is as well, Plus the had my dang cell phone #. Oh well!!!

My business may be small,but ... There are others ways and means. So see ya M.M.
Old 07-09-2002, 06:31 PM
Skilled

Mike K, I guaranty, at least two of the company's that Mike F., is checking out, use the same stuff as MM, and are a lot cheaper, plus, they WANT your business.
I don't want you to think I doubt your word on the calls, just can't prove he didn't call someone, or whatever. They seem to have a number of "strange coincidences", as Mike F., said above.

Old 07-09-2002, 09:04 PM
Skilled

Mike,
I have no problems with you my friend,so dont think that. I do have a problem with.....well never mind.

The 2 other companies mentioned earlier will be getting mail from me soon and I will go from there.

Thanks everyone, at least there I know that I am not in the boat alone.

Mike Koller
Old 07-12-2002, 09:52 AM
Steel Addict

Any body have any updates?????

Mike

Old 07-12-2002, 10:37 AM
Skilled

Mike S., yeah, Mike Fitzgerald is going to be testing some stencils and do a report here soon.
In the meantime, Ken McFall, of Knife and Gun Finishing Supplies called me, after reading this thread, and said he sends everyone to Lectroetch. He also uses them for his own stencils and supplies. He said that he gets phenomenal life from the stencils, excellent service, and way better prices. This would go along with what Mike F., has already told me, of his experience to date.
These folks really WANT your business, and act like it. Personally, I will be going there in the future when I need stencils, or any other etching supplies.
Mike F., will have a more in depth report of his experiences shortly. There has been some surprising bits of info to come out of this, but I will let mike F., divulge them.
http://www.lectroetch.com/

Last edited by Mike Hull; 07-12-2002 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:16 AM

Wink Lectroetch

I have been dealing with Lectroetch since I started to make knives and I must say that I have always been very pleased with their products and services. They have done my art work, made my stencils, I have purchased my supplies, and received a new instruction book for their machine when I lost mine. In all of that, I have found them exceedling professional, know what good customer service is, timely, and reasonable priced.
My 2 cents worth.

Terry Wheeler
Old 07-12-2002, 03:03 PM
Skilled

As mentioed much earlier in this thread, I can strongly recomend Lectroetch - good products, good artwork and excellent service.

Old 07-12-2002, 06:39 PM
Enthusiast

Well I for one have not had any problems with marking methods.In fact just last friday I called them and was directed to a voice-mail box,I left a message and my call was returned in about five minutes. When I placed my order I was told that it was not big enough to meet the minimum,but that they would waive the minimum requirement for this order.I got my stencils today.
Old 07-12-2002, 06:53 PM
Skilled

I'd say you are one of the lucky one's Stan. Or more likely, you happened to call them AFTER this thread was brought to their attention, and they made a better effort to take care of you.
Either way, I am glad you had good service, and welcome to the CKD.

Old 07-12-2002, 06:56 PM
Living Legend

squeaky wheel

Yeap, perhaps our bellyachin' has put a bee in a bonnet out there.

I got sample stencils from Lectroetch and IMG today, along with pricing literature. Hopefully test them this weekend.
Old 07-21-2002, 05:29 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Rene E. Roy
Re: IMG

fitzo,
I have used IMG for the last 3 years, bought my machine from them and it works great, you are absolutely correct, they are fantastic!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by fitzo
International Marking Group also sounds alot better to deal with. I contacted Patricia @ 1-800-775-3824 and had a very pleasant conversation. Seems Bob Warner recommends them alot.

Lifemember NCCA
New England Custom Knife Assoc.
Old 07-21-2002, 06:14 PM
Living Legend

I buy the unexposed stencil material directly from IMG and do all of my own art work and expose and develop them myself. Works like a dream and you don't have to deal with any attitudes or missed calls.

Tumbling down the road at 35 MPH is no fun, TRUST ME!
Old 07-23-2002, 03:02 PM
Living Legend

Update on comparison testing

Hello, folks.

Sorry I have not made much progress on this comparison the last couple of weeks. I have been a bit down with a dang infection and fever. On the mend gain, so I'm doing ok and proceeding with the assembly of information.

I have recently contacted Electro-Chem Etch, Monode Marking, TUS Technologies, and Martronics for sample stencils. All are quite welcoming to the small customer/knifemaker.

I have received sample stencils from Lectroetch and IMG-Electromark, but will wait to test them all together.

If anyone can suggest other companies I will be happy to contact them, also.

I will assemble a report for all to see as soon as I do the testing and get pricing information.

Best to all.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:04 AM
Steel Addict

I just had a stencil made for me by Lectroetch, based on comments in this forum. Very reasonable prices and quick turnaround time; pleasant to deal with also.

Interestingly, the sales rep there told me that Marking Methods used to buy the green stencil material from Lectroetch. Apparently, M.M. couldn't manufacture it themselves because of environmental regulations.

Old 10-27-2003, 01:39 AM
Steel Addict

I to have had nothing but trouble from MM. I finally got my fill of the lies and bs, so the heck with these chumps.

Tags
forge, knife, knives