MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Supply Center

The Supply Center What's Hot ... and where the deals are! Supplies are our specialty ...

Old 02-12-2004, 03:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via Yahoo to DiamondG Knives
Sambar Stag

Does anyone have a source for good Sambar? I have a customer request, I know its getting hard to find, but I need 2 crown sticks and a few tapers.

Thanks

Mike

Old 02-12-2004, 04:10 AM

http://www.elenhunting.com/store/mer...egory_Code=SST try here.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Thanks JP!

Old 02-13-2004, 05:49 AM

you're wellcome,hope the link helped.If you do buy from there,please let me know how it turns out.I haven't--but the pictures sure look pretty.thanks,john
Old 02-13-2004, 06:11 AM
Master

Thumbs up

Guys, I've bought both tapered rolls as well as scales from Luca (elenhunting). Great guy to deal with and the stuff looks awesome.

Chris
Old 02-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Folks,
Thanks for the feedback Chris!

Mike,
I have everything you need, just give me a hollar when you are ready to order or even if you just have questions!

I've had several posts up here but they keep yanking them off!!!

They must be jealous!!!

Luca
elenhunting1@comcast.net
973-379-5296
Old 02-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Luca,

Let's don't go there ...

I told you personally on the phone that blatent "look what I have for-sale" ads need to be in the classifieds forum. Again, like I explained, you're welcome to bend the rules some even at that, we (I) really don't mind. But your ads from before were removed (and/or moved) because everything you posted back then was a for-sale ad. If you have something unusual for sale, you're welcome to even post it in here, especially in reply to someone looking for it, but we're trying to keep this specific forum from turning into a runaway flea market. This applies to all posts in this forum.

Didn't I tell you how much sambar stock I'm sitting on? You can sell all of yours that you need to, just post it to the right forum and everyone will be happy.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 02-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Enthusiast

HI ALEX

I figured that would generate a reply!!!!!! LOL

As far as the amount of Sambar stock your sitting on, you never mentioned amounts! All you said was "you supply as much as anybody on the planet"! I wasn't sure if you meant stag or just supplies in general! I noticed you are only offering 3.5" x 1" scales? No insult intended, just curious?

As far as antler goes we do around 100 metric tons of just stag, a year! Never mind Fallow Deer, Roe Deer, Moose or Sika Deer!We are one of the largest importers of whole stag antler in the US!!!!

As far as posting, I have been trying to comply with your request to become more involved with other forums here!!!!

Thanks for supplying this great forum,
Luca
Old 02-15-2004, 02:23 AM
Administrator

Luca,

No offense taken partner, but why wouldn't you expect me to rebut what you said?, when you said:
Quote:
I've had several posts up here but they keep yanking them off!!! They must be jealous!!!
That "they" you're talking about must be "me", correct? That is, since you called "me" and "I" was the one that explained the reason your ads were moved to the classifieds forum. I thought we had this settled and you understood everything. You said you did!

You're missing the point of my reply ...

I explained to you that we don't "jerk" posts here, anyone can post on these forums! We welcome everyone and anybody's products are allowed!

All we ask is that you follow the guidelines about where things belong. Obviously, I certainly expect new users to come in here the first few times and make newbie mistakes, while they get used to the place, that's no problem at all. But, eventually, we have to address stuff like this so that it doesn't set a precedent for others to follow it, causing more problems.

You don't know this, but I have many, many web site clients directly involved in the knife industry in some way or the other who are also bound to these same rules of posting stuff that we abide by in here. Certainly, you understand where this forum board would go if everyone I know and support started using this as their shopping cart display? The courtesy we use for visitors looking for information about supplies is to let them ask, then follow-up with what is available, just like in this specific post. If I started letting just my clients alone post for sales in here, we'd be looking at 20,000 product threads in here tomorrow morning. Yes, by stopping "everyone", I help my own clients compete, but I'm okay with that too. Our rules work for everyone.

Don't think I'm going off on this, it's actually instructional for everyone to read it. I'm making a thread out of this because, not only you, but everyone needs to understand the principal of this board. But, nobody is over here "jerking" your threads, or ever will, because we just don't like someone and want to. It costs me "time" to do this ... I'd rather have the "time" than the extra "work" it causes, trust me. I've got all the work I need!

I'm sure you're the biggest horn supplier out there. All of that tonnage is more than I've ever seen at one time, that's for sure. I did fill up a cargo van one time with so much Sambar that it couldn't drive off, but that was a year or so ago ... interestingly, the buyers made it all the way back to New York with the tires scraping the wheel wells on bumps, which has to be some kind of record, right?

No, I didn't tell you how much Sambar I have ... you're correct! You didn't ask me, either! I also didn't know you were buying.

I might be able to find some 5" stuff here, if you need it. How many pairs you need ... 1 or 500?

It's all good ... or great!

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 02-15-2004, 11:22 AM

Mr. Whetsell,
Don't mean to break into this conversation......but, do you have a web site with your stag. Is any for sale?

Thanks,

Tim

Old 02-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Enthusiast

Ditto what Tim B said--would appreciate a link if possible.

Old 02-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Administrator

Hey guys ... I'll post some up in the classifieds in a few days. We're going to make some available when we launch the Delta 5 knives.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 02-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Enthusiast

That will be good--looking forward to seeing some and the prices.

Old 02-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Hall of Famer

Alex:
Will Delta 5 Knives be a knife company, or a supply company?

Thanks for all your hard work on the forums!

God Bless

Mike

Old 02-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Mike,

The Delta 5 is a fixed blade kit knife series that we're launching in a couple of weeks. You can see them posted in the kit forum below if you want to see what I'm referring to. These will be about the handle size of the stag that I have and we want to make some available for makers who want to use it on this new design ... plus general usage.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC

Tags
blade, fixed blade, hunting knife, knife, knives