MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Supply Center

The Supply Center What's Hot ... and where the deals are! Supplies are our specialty ...

Old 02-07-2001, 07:53 PM
Shotgunone

disc for sander

I'm thinking about making a disc sander probably 9 inch but can not find any discs. Is there a source of reasonable discs with 5/8 arbors. Or maybe one with everything but the motor. ie disc and table?
Old 02-07-2001, 09:34 PM
DC KNIVES

Sheffield Knifemakers Supply has 8" disc's for a 5/8" shaft for $14.00.Call 1-904-775-6453.Dave
Old 02-08-2001, 12:47 AM
BCB27

Here are a couple of ideas. I am not sure what your budget is, but if you are looking at those variable speed 1/3 HP critters in the supply catologs, I cannot blame you for wanting an alternative.

Harbor Freight sells a 12" for $119. The drawback is that it is 12" and disc are expensive. On the 9" models it is cheap to affix a 9X11" sheet and cut around the disc. Here is a link: www.harborfreight.com/cpi...ion=Search

If you just want the disc, Rob Frink is making them. He may even be able to help you out with the table. Here is his URL: www.geocities.com/beaumon...disks.html

Good luck!
Brett
Old 02-08-2001, 04:43 PM
Don Cowles

I have a 9" disk sander listed in the post on "available shop equipment".
Old 02-08-2001, 05:42 PM
Shotgunone

Thanks for the information guys. Don I saw that sander in the other post. Might be a good deal if I could get it to Texas. That is the big one from sears. I'll bet it weighs a bunch. By the time I paid packing and shipping it might be way more than I got. : :
Old 02-08-2001, 07:16 PM
Don Cowles

Re: reply

I have another one- motor, disk, and table (Whole thing would fit in a longneck beer case) that I got from Johnny Stout but have never used. $185.
Old 02-10-2001, 03:25 PM
Shotgunone

Don,

Don't have some pictures of the smaller sander do ya? What size moter is on it? Is it reversable or one way? size of table? anything else you can think of?

Thanks
Old 02-10-2001, 05:21 PM
Don Cowles

Re: reply

Here it is. 3/4 HP 115VAC motor, reversible. The table is on the floor, and hard to see, but it is made from heavy steel plate. It would be bolted to the leg or face of the bench where the motor is mounted, and can be adjusted into the desired position by loosening and tightening bolts at the joints.

Old 02-10-2001, 09:59 PM
MDHoffmann

Re: disc sander

You can go to Sears and get the model number off of their 9" disc gander then call the replacement parts store and order the 9" disc for that model. Not sure what they are running at this time but use to be around $21. Good luck.

MDHoffmann mdhoff.tripod.com/CustomKnives/
Old 02-10-2001, 10:16 PM
MDHoffmann

Re: disc sander

You can go to Sears and get the model off of their 9" disc sander. Then call their parts store and order the 9" disc for that model. Not sure what they run now but were around $21. Good luck.

MDHoffmann