MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 04-03-2001, 08:18 PM
Oak

i wanna trade too!!!!!!!

ok maxx and dana are trading anybody wanna trade with me ?simple knife for knife trade nothing eloborate.i am trying to build a knife collection and cant afford hand made knives(divorced 2 kids) so trading is my only option.i will add i do use belt grinders on most of my knivesbut will trade anyone here for any knife they make. any takers?
Old 04-06-2001, 07:39 AM
Dana Acker

Hey John, I got a couple of trades in the works right now, but I'll be glad to trade with you once I'm uncommitted. It's on into the summer, say July to August, but if you want to get on the list, we can do it.
Old 04-10-2001, 08:41 PM
KandSKNIVES

Hey John, We can do a trade, if you want to. Email me at kandsbeatty@prodigy.net
I have one of Max's and like to have one of your knives.
Old 04-19-2001, 09:13 PM
KandSKNIVES

Oak, I got your email today and I apologize for not answering. My puter is going thru the change or something. I can't get to my email, all of them. I have to go out on the web to retreive it and I don't know how to send back by that method. Oh hell, I been wanting a new AMD W/ pentium anyway. Have to see if I can afford it. Anyway, I will get back to you about the trade when the puter crisis is over. I already feel like I'm getting computer withdrawl, Kinda like kicking the Jim Beam.
Old 06-15-2001, 12:44 AM
armed and hammered4

Heah you bet man I'l trade ya I'm trying to do an arrowhead swap with some guys in the tribe but I'l be glad to swap knives with you. e-mail me at <a href="mailto:armed_and_hammered@...otmail.com</a> if your interested
Old 06-19-2001, 12:45 AM
KandSKNIVES

OAK, STILL HAVING PUTER TROUBLE BUT WILL SEND YOUR KNIFE OUT THIS FRIDAY.
KEN (WWJD)
Old 06-21-2001, 06:35 PM
armed and hammered4

John just so ya know the knife on the bottom is not the one youre getting so dont worry that one belongs to my little brother so its seen a little abuse, also that was the firts one I made so I didnt know much about finishing back then. Yours has a lot more finishing and polish to it.
Old 06-26-2001, 01:11 AM
armed and hammered4

All you guys should try to hit up a trade with oak he makes beutiful knives heres what he traded me!
Old 06-28-2001, 06:36 PM
Oak

i bought Gene's book's on knife making about a year ago. in his book he has a knife called the fat boy or indian skinner. that's my rendition of it . i sell a few of them hear and there usually for about 50$ a piece its made from 5160(Gene's was 0-1 i think)(i only know how to work 5160 and cable and i'm not sure i know how to work them ) that has been differentially heat treated in vegetable oil.a copper guard, leather spacer antler, piece of copper tubing flattened leather another copper washer then more anter this one has a crown that was shed.thus the darkened area.it makes a nice looking little knife and very proficient for skinning. plus therer fun to make and really pretty simple.ow yea its all glued together with 2-ton epoxyfrom devcon.i call 'em neo-primitive skinners
neo being the greek prefix for new not meaning neotribal : ) 2-ton epoxy isnt very tribal i guess : )

Tags
knife, knife making, knives