MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 09-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Skilled

Ring out the "old"..Ring in the "new"

O.K., Crew,
Things are "beyond slow" over here. I have tried to get ya'll to post up ideas, stories, ugly pictures of your mother-in-law...NOTHING!! How about this:
As most of you know, I am conducting "non-catalog" builds on the RKS forum. This site has been dedicated to catalog models, starting with the Model #1...and continuing for 24 models..or 2 years worth of order slots! It is obviously going to take a lot longer than 2 years to complete all of the models we decide on..but ya'll get the idea.
SO: "ROLL CALL"..............How many are ready for the "current" style of Randall Model #8-4", "Trout and "Bird"? The "Old Style" will be covered on the other forum at a later date. Let me hear from you. If enough folks are still alive and responding, I'll get the ball rolling in a day or so. Best for now, The "Captain"

Old 09-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Steel Addict

Good morning everyone. The Captain is right, it is beyond slow on the forum. I have no explanation for why everything has become so quiet. Cap is offering excellent opportunities to get RMKs at catalog price and with a much shorter wait. I'm surprised that we don't have tons of people visiting and posting just for that reason alone. Cap has spent a lot of time and effort offering these opportunities on the forum. I'm sure it would have been much less work for him to simply use these slots to just order a RMK and sell it at a show or sell it to one of his regular customers, or to gain a new customer. Let's keep these builds going by getting more participation in them.

I challenge each of us to get the word out about this forum and the Randall Build opportunities. Let's see how many new members we can get to not only visit but be active in these builds. It will be a lot more fun for all of us if we get a lot of people participating. The more ideas, suggestions, and discussions we have on these builds, the better opportunity to learn more about Randalls. Thanks in advance for any help you folks can provide with this.

Wayne

Old 09-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Steel Addict

Talking

Friends, and Cpt,

Well I'll jump in. SInce we will probally do the "old style" on the other forum, letrs stick with the "New" #8. As long as it's in Ivory or Droolable stag....

Just my 2Cents!

And Friends....It is pretty darn cool winning this! I have a gorgous #3 with Reddish Stag, and will be getting the Carver Set.

Kent

RKS #109
Old 09-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Steel Addict

Yea, let's do it!!

I'm all in for this build. I'll try to get some of my lurker friends to join in on this build. Please join in, we can't let 2 shot get all of these knives. Oh yea, I won one as well and I never win anything. The odds are fantastic!! Plus I learn something with every build. I may not remember it an hour later but I did learn it at one time. O.K. I would like to have this built with gnarly stag, All black spacers, black sheath, Stainless, Brass single hilt and rounded brass butt cap. Yes, I can see it now. Lets get this ball rolling don't lurk get in on this. What more could you ask for. A great Randall built by you and your friends here on the forum. No 5 year wait and no extra mark up.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Steel Addict

Talking

Panhead and Friends,

I AM excited about this next build. Can you say..Trifecta?

The CC on the other forum is and will be getting alot of action, so their is No reason why this #8 can't generate a bunch too!

Don't you think it's about time Jeff wins? Or is he just "holding" out for a #27???

Kent

RKS #109
Old 09-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Steel Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to RedElk
I never win spit, but I love the Trout & Bird and hope we get rolling on this one soon.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Ivory or Droolable stag
I agree with Kent. I already have a great stag version, and think IVORY is the way to go!
-Steve

Last edited by cut_n_run; 02-11-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Steel Addict

Talking

Friends and RedElk,

Is everyone sleeping??? It's really good to see RedElk back! Ok ok, IT would be nice to see Panhead, Jeff or RedElk Win!!!

Cpt..Even though some of your slots are already taken...if we go with Ivory, what is the time frame we are looking at? ?

Now its disclosure time... I all ready have a few #8's, both Stag..but I really wouldn't cry if I WON the chance to get another!!! What a great utility knife! I know that "The CabinetMan" (Dale) wouldn't mind picking up another one either!

Come on Lurkers... get off the sidelines, and Jump in!

Kent

RKS #109
Old 09-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Steel Addict

Count me in, The new style is really cool. Great blade shape.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Steel Addict

Let's get this show on the road!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:39 PM

Hi all you folks out there that have been tip toeing around these here parts without ever making a post. It's time to make your presence felt.

Always remember, that this forum doesn't belong to one individual, or even a clandestine clique of cutlery connivers.

This is YOUR forum, so why not make the most of it.

So please feel free to jump in on the Captain's Builds!

Don't hesitate to start your own threads, and offer up your thoughts and images of all things Randall.

Most importantly, life is short, so let's all have fun!

Spread the word...

Cheers!

David

Old 09-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Skilled

Lurkers beware! Tiptoe gently 'cause you just might like this place and get dragged in where more Randalls are group built than any place on Earth! Thanks to the Captain and all of the participants, we are rolling on the eighth in this series alone. It sounds like this one's gonna be a dandy too. Lots of options and who doesn't lust after this model? This is one of my favorites and it sounds like I'm not alone. Let's build the greatest #8 that ever rolled out of the shop and it's not against the rules for you to get a buddy to help us. Ya just never know when Jason or Scott may peek in and look over the Cap's shoulder too. Somebody's got to keep an eye on the ol' coot. He wanders off a lot ya know?

seuss
Old 09-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Enthusiast

Single squared NS hilt - FG green Micarta - lanyard liner- silver & black spacers - NS butt plate (I said plate!) - old grind...

'Something old, something due - something bold, something new...'
Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Skilled

Sheldon, I really like the thin butt plate on stag because it seems to finish the handle so cleanly but, hadn't thought of using it on Micarta. Would you happen to have a picture of one decked out this way?

seuss

Last edited by Seussbrother; 09-14-2007 at 09:13 AM. Reason: good night's sleep
Old 09-14-2007, 09:55 AM

You can't have a build thread without no stinking pics! In honor of this Model 8 build thread here is one of the 1st seven ever made, set against the stag handled version made for Litch Steinman who designed it. Also one of the 1st ivory handled Randalls (Late '46).

Best,

Ron

Tags
blade, knife, knives