MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyard View Post
danedqeman/ ill get the wife to run to unfinished blades trow for me i live close to a army base ive give a simply knife ore to to some boys going to the litterbox these seem to like dull no shine knifes . ill post after to washings ,
Good luck with your test. Again, I dont know about other mixes of steel but if its carbon and will rust in your pocket it will turn sweet, hard patima in the dishwasher.Over several years of doing this I have only had 1 that I had to run through th washer twice, a thick fixed bladecustom that I suspect was some odd ball carbon mix. The first run was a grey shadow with black stripes but the second run turned the whole blade dark grey with gorgeous black wavy stripes. That knife has dressed several deer, been washed over and over and still looks just like it did 4 years ago when I washed it. I hope you are happy with the test results. I'm sure you will be.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by danedgeman View Post
Good luck with your test. Again, I dont know about other mixes of steel but if its carbon and will rust in your pocket it will turn sweet, hard patima in the dishwasher.Over several years of doing this I have only had 1 that I had to run through th washer twice, a thick fixed bladecustom that I suspect was some odd ball carbon mix. The first run was a grey shadow with black stripes but the second run turned the whole blade dark grey with gorgeous black wavy stripes. That knife has dressed several deer, been washed over and over and still looks just like it did 4 years ago when I washed it. I hope you are happy with the test results. I'm sure you will be.
ill be wshing patina some knifes with out handels if i can get aphoto after ill post it
Old 09-06-2013, 07:53 PM

Ok guys,I know somebody tried it by now. Well? How'd it turn out?
Old 09-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Enthusiast

ive ran a test blade one time i like i dont have a camera thank,s ill see if my son can use phone then post anyone else try please post photo,s
Old 09-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Enthusiast

So do you load dishwasher detergent just like washing dishes? Or just a pure water cycle? This sounds so crazy I've got to try it!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Enthusiast

im not sure told my wife i hade a knife blank in washer got that LOOK its darker not like a old hicker knife ill try agin

Tags
acid, blade, blades, brass, christmas, edge, etch, etching, forge, forged, hand, handle, heat, hot, how to, knife, knives, make, material, project, scales, steel, store, wax