MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole Weekends, girlfriends or happenings ... no knife talk allowed!

Old 08-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Oklahoma

Hey, who's here from Oklahoma?

I should have asked this question over a week ago.

I spent the last week in southwestern Oklahoma, at a quail management conference being held near Quartz Mountain about 20 minutes north of Altus. Beautiful country. Flat, except for the mountains which were a tumble of granite boulders worn with wind, water, and time. Very rugged, and a nice change of scenery from western Ohio. I got to visit the Black Kettle Grasslands and the Packsaddle region. I must say I'm jealous. Here we try harder than heck to grow native prairie grasses in 30 foot strips, and you guys have it out there covering tens of thousands of acres.

I had hoped I'd have internet access while on my trip and maybe meet some of you guys out there, but for whatever reason I couldn't get it to work at the place I was staying. Maybe next time around. . .

Nathan
Old 08-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Michael E. Mill

Nathan before you come next time check out www.theknifegroup.com for our group of knifemakers. Out west we do not have a bunch but Lee Reeves is up at Shattuck. Don Parrish is at Canton. I (MIKE MILLER) am at El Reno. Bill Kennedy at Yukon. Brett Dowell at Greenfield and Rick Menefee at Blanchard to name a few. The Eastern part of the State have more Whompers in their side. Oh must not forget Brion(too tall) Tomberlin at Norman. Several of us scattered around. Make it the first weekend of November and come to our FREE Knife Show In Oklahoma City.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Cool! I was near Yukon (I think--saw signs anyway) when we went up to the Packsaddle region.

I don't know when I'll be out that way again. Next year's meeting is in Lafayette, Louisiana.

Tags
forge