MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 10-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Skilled

A Hero Has Fallen

A friend of mine was murdered for few bucks? cash.

John Bean and his wife Janet have been the owners of a Shreveport, LA landmark restaurant and for about 30 years. Kerby K?s restaurant has been a legend since the 1930?s. It has been written up in many food and travel magazines for the unique food and service.

Herby K?s is located on the wrong side of the tracks in Shreveport. It wasn?t always that way; the town just grew toward the other direction. As much as I have enjoyed eating and visiting there over the last thirty years I try to leave before sundown. Three months ago a ?crack head? (my description) entered the restaurant and demanded cash from the till. John was not the kind of man to give in to a punk. He wrestled the punk to the floor. John was shot twice in the gut during the fight. The punk fled with a handful of cash. John died shortly after being taken to the emergency room.

By his own admission John did not know how to do much more than entertain friends, shuck oysters and fly helicopters. He learned how to shuck oysters at Herby K?s after he married Janet. He learned how to fly helicopters on Uncle Sam?s dime before he went to Viet Nam. John flew medivac Huey?s during his tours. He was responsible for many of our soldiers and Marines making it back home. ?Charlie? could not bring John down. A street punk did it for a few bucks.

The Shreveport Police Department has run out of leads. Assistance Chief Mike Vansant has arranged for a reward fund. He has ask me to get the word out to folks that knew and loved John and to others that did not know him but want to see a hero honored by the capture of his killer. If you can send $10, $50 or $100 some homey will rat out the punk and justice will come to John?s murderer. Chief Vansant can be contacted here:

Mike.Vansant@ci.shreveport.la.us

The Shreveport Times article about John?s funeral can be read here:
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...0/BREAKINGNEWS

If you would like to know more about Herby K?s just Google "Herby K's".

****Captain Adrian Johngene "John" Bean Jr. was awarded the ?Distinguished Flying Cross? for his heroism during the Viet Nam War.****

RKS #4868
NRA & TSRA Life Member
Deep East Texas Life Resident (so far)
Old 10-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Master

Condolences to you and the family....

G.

Gary Blessing,
Ex-custom knife maker, Ex-Folder modifier & embelisher.

Last edited by Ice Tigre; 10-13-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:02 PM

Hi Tom,

I'm very sorry to learn about the recent murder of your friend John. It's a terrible loss of someone who sounds like he was a great guy. I feel for his family.

What can one say? We live in a world where life is cheap to too many scumbags.

Sincerely,

David