MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Photography Discussion

Knife Photography Discussion Share and improve your techniques on knife photography. Web and print imaging discussions welcome. Come on in ...

Old 08-02-2002, 02:40 AM

Stiff competition

Seems to be an ongoing pattern, which is a good thing.

Since day one of this contest, photos from folks have been improving. I think I come up with a good pic only to find out everybody else is practicing too and coming up with some real winners. So, back to the drawing board, just when I think "Ok, this is the winner" I see once again somebody has worked just a little harder.

Its getting more and more difficult for me to even do pics that are in the same league with some of the competition here. Its fun to try and keep up, but sure does tire a person out.

I think im going to have to skip the next one or two and concentrare all that time on working up something special Who knows, one of these days I might actually come up with "the one".

Keep up the great work, I always have fun looking and trying to decide whose is best.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:39 PM
Steel Addict

Rich, we are only in competition with ourselves. I work to please me, if someone else likes it, that's nice. I enter to show my latest work, comments and feedback are more important to me than votes. I would love to see more comments here, and more people voting in the contest.

If you want feedback on your work, I see a great amount of improvement. What I don't see is a your Signatue Style, but instead a series of tricks and techniques in search of a style. This is a good thing and shows progress. As good as the entries in the contest are there is always room for improvement.

I quit a long time ago trying to figure out what other people vote for, and how they make their decision. I don't often pick the winner. I did this week.