MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum

The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum This is the place to discuss all forms of sheath and holster making.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Master

Send a message via ICQ to Txcwboy
Handmade Basketweave tool sale

Hope this is ok to post this, thought someone might be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180114279286
Old 05-06-2007, 10:22 AM

Location: Blairsville--in the beautiful Appalachian mountains of North Georgia.
I don't know what the seller is smoking but I'm reasonably sure it isn't tobacco. Gore tools were good, every day run of the mill tools, no better, no worse, than Crafttools. I doubt very seriously that they are stainless steel. More likely chrome plated steel. I would not offer more than $15 USD for them and that would be because of the name on the tool as a collectible, not its actual worth. ---Sandy---

Old 05-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Skilled

Sandy; I'm not sure what Gore tools sold for when he first started, but for the last few years they have been more in the custom tool class made of good tool steel and stainless steel for a premium. Most of his tools are in the $30 to $60 range and the Sheridan Flower stamps are over $100. Just as a matter of curiosity, It was Jay Gore who bought my Tippman boss from me when I decided to sell it.

Paul

Paul Long-- 108 Briarwood Ln. W.-- Kerrville, Texas 78028-- Ph. 830 367 5536--- pfl@cebridge.net
Old 05-07-2007, 02:17 PM

Location: Blairsville--in the beautiful Appalachian mountains of North Georgia.
I would not classify the camouflage stamp as unusual, just a nice clean, clear stamp. The basket weave stamp sides are not the same width, the upper side seems sharper and slightly narrower than the bottom side. This could present problems in a large stamping. I sometimes feel that stamps, just like knives, can be over priced, and name on them does not make them superior, just collectible if they are old and abused-----------Sandy

P.S.----$15.00 would be by top offer as I am not a collector. I notice that "most" collections sell for less than what the seller purchased them for---in almost any medium!

Tags
knives