MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 06-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Steel Addict

How 'bout them Canes....... at least that's what they are saying here in North Carolina
Old 06-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Skilled

Great game, fast and furious from beginning to end, just the way hockeys suppose to be played, and I loved the outcome. Way to go Canes .

Bill

www.geocities.com/buxtonknives
Old 06-20-2006, 08:04 AM

Hi Mitchell!

You asked: "How 'bout them Canes......."

My answer: They deserved to win the cup.

Hi Bill!

You said: "Great game, fast and furious from beginning to end, just the way hockeys suppose to be played..."

My response: I agree whole heartily!

You also said: "...and I loved the outcome..."

My response: I didn't!

My favourite cliche: "There's always next year..."

GO HABS GO!!!

Cheers!

David

Old 06-20-2006, 08:49 AM
Steel Addict

Mooseman.....

I am a fair weather fan........ it was neat to see the Canes win, but I don't follow them very closely......I just wanted to rib you a little.

As you said, "There's always next year"........ best of luck.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:41 AM

Hi Tuner!

I know your're not a big hockey fan. It must hard to relate to a game played on ice when you live in the south.

As a consolation, I got this from here:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_story/?...=nhl-canadiens

According to Hurrican's GM Jim Rutherford:

'Habs were toughest test
Associated Press

5/16/2006 1:05:27 PM

Eleven teams have been eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs and Jim Rutherford believes his Carolina Hurricanes beat the best of them.

But the general manager isn't talking about the New Jersey Devils.

''No disrespect to Philadelphia, Ottawa and New Jersey, they're all good teams, but some teams are a little better than others and I think Montreal is one of those teams,'' Rutherford said from Raleigh, N.C.

It's a surprising statement given the fact Montreal was seeded seventh, but Rutherford is adamant the Canadiens could have gone a long way.

''I don't think people gave Montreal enough credit for one, how their coaching staff prepared them; and two, how well they played,'' said Rutherford. ''That team was good. And that was one heck of a series. We can talk about teams on paper and what teams did during the regular season and things like that, but when I look at all the games in the playoffs and I watch most of them, I think Montreal is as tough a team to beat in this year's playoffs as any.''

Carolina fell behind 2-0 in the first round against the Canadiens before reeling off four consecutive one-goal victories, including a pair in overtime, to beat the Habs.

''Watch those games - you don't get any second to lull through a game with Montreal,'' said Rutherford. ''They're one of those teams.''

Star centre Eric Staal agreed with his boss.

''Oh yeah, they were playing really well, it was a battle every night,'' Staal said on the phone this week. ''There were some really close games. Every game was one goal except for the first when we got pounded by them. They're pretty good, they're fast and their goaltender was playing really well.''...'

Yeah! Wait'll next year! (there's that cliche again!)

Cheers!

Mooseman

Old 06-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Steel Addict

I don't follow it now, but I lived in in northern Indiana as a kid ...... I played my share of hockey then.

But.... I am a "Southern Man" by birth and now by temperature tolerance. If I'm not skiing or backpacking, I'll take a nice 50 degree North Carolina winter day.......
Old 06-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunefinK
I don't follow it now, but I lived in in northern Indiana as a kid ...... I played my share of hockey then.

But.... I am a "Southern Man" by birth and now by temperature tolerance. If I'm not skiing or backpacking, I'll take a nice 50 degree North Carolina winter day.......
50! Are you nuts?! People die all the time in weather that frigid! There can't be civilization in a place like that, can there? Wouldn't you have to spend all your time staying warm? When could you paint, write books, or draft letters to the editors excoriating the political leadership for their decisions? Come on man, we have to stay warm!

To the topic - although I didn't watch the Finals, I did see the Oilers take it to the Ducks while in California a few weeks back. They skated better, handled the puck like they knew what they were doing and overall played a more proficient game. The only thing Anaheim had going was a big goalie and that wasn't enough the night I saw them.

azgator, basking in the Florida sun waiting for the inevitable big blow across the peninsula this year........
Old 06-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Steel Addict

WHO??? was it that said them thar' 'Canes was thar' second favorite team????

Well, that would be...

ME!!!!,

Sorry it took so long to rub this in, went to the Blade shoe, saw some friends, then went to Kid's Camp with my 9 yr old for a week!!

But, I'm back... By the way...

Redsox are on an 11 game winning streak!!

----DW----
Old 06-29-2006, 08:43 AM

He's Baaaaaack!

Hi DW!

Glad to see you getting back to the important stuff!

So you belatedly jumped on the 'Canes badwagon, eh? Fiddle-Faddle! (Or is that Fuddle-Duddle?)

Quote:
Redsox are on an 11 game winning streak!!
TRIPLE YAWN!!! When do you think they'll implode?

As Andrew Coyne (who?), a well know National Post political columnist wrote last week:
"...Baseball players spend half of every game sitting around on the bench, chewing tobacco. The rest is spent standing around in the field, chewing tobacco."

Cheers!

Moosehead

Tags
blade, knife, switchblade