MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 11-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Thank you for your patience!

Hi Everyone,

We're pleased to announce that we have the NaviSite disaster contained to a few unused ip sites which are mainly used internally for software testing. These are being validated as I write this.

With almost no rest in 7 days, I'll ask you to allow me to rest up for a night before making the official thread explaining the recent migration events as they affected our client base, or replying to questions. As for AV clients, I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during this recent weeks events.

In any event, we felt that it was our duty as a company to respect the needs of our affected clients in the recent service outage. Therefore, I made the decision to close the KNet forums until we were able to stabilize the 250 clients taken offline by the billion dollar blunder of NaviSite. We felt that our flag should be flown at half-mast during this period, as all AV resources were marshaled in this effort to repair our systems during the downtime. I was unwilling to open a Pub (so to speak), when our community was suffering so greatly.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have, but I will be taking the night off to recoup the lost sleep over the last few days. Once I gather my senses, I'll consider plans to push north through the heart of enemy territory, and straight into their capital!

Thanks again!

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 11-09-2007, 06:58 PM

Hi Alex!

I can't even begin to imagine what a nightmare you have gone through during the last week.

Being the technophobe I am, I won't be able to understand the technical explanation when you give it. I'm just very glad that you were able to resolve the problems, and get your business back on track.

I'm sure I speak for all forum members when I say how much we appreciate the opportunity you give us free of charge to indulge our interest in knives. We needed a vaction anyway.

Thanks very nuch for all you and your staff do for us!

Now go get a good night's sleep!

Best regards

David

Old 11-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Thanks to everyone who was involved in straightening this mess up. I guess it proves the addage that to error is human but to really screw things up you need a computer. Go have yourselves a well earned night's sleep.

Doug Lester

Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 PM

Thanks for all you are doing for us Alex. We probably don't recognize how much we enjoy this Forum until it's gone for a while.

Now go get some sleep

Mike

Old 11-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Founding Member / Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Don Cowles
Thanks, Alex. I appreciate what you do.

Don Cowles Custom Knives

Old 11-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Skilled

Alex, I appreciate what you have been through this past week. I went through a similar situation with a telephone company I was managing. An office conversion went south and until I got a call through to a VP of the company providing the switch, we were getting no help. Amazing what a frontal attack on the corporate HQ can acomplish. We have been with you through the thick and now the thin. AV is a great web site host and we are sticking with it. Thanks for all you do.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Steel Addict

I didn't realize how much I was addicted till it was taken away. Thanks for all your hard work Alex.

Charlie
Old 11-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Skilled

Alex

I want to thank you and your team for getting us through the big company screw up. It is amazing how we take things for granite then when they are gone we are lost without them.

I am glad everything is getting back to normal and the forum and my website are back up .

Again thanks

www.turnerknives.com
Old 11-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Alex, congrats for getting thru this. This is my favorite forum and the most appropriate one for me considering the kinds of folders I make.

Get some rest, turn your mind to something else for awhile. My thanks to you for providing the forum for us, my friend.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Administrator

It's far from over!

I can't pull away from these Bozo's fast enough!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant. I have another 2 servers offline this morning.
Sheeeeeesh!

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 11-10-2007, 10:01 AM

I feel like I've been in rehab with an empty pack of smokes!

www.kansasknives.org

"Drawing your knife from its sheath and using it in the presence of others should be an event complete with oos, ahhs, and questions."
Old 11-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Enthusiast

Glad to see this site back up, going through the DT's. That is a huge undertaking and thank you for all the hard work, you've more than earned a rest.

Only thing I have noticed is it seems to be a mite slow going from post to post. The speed seems to be a little slow.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Skilled

whew,, I can stop twitching now,,wait, i do that anyway
Old 11-10-2007, 09:38 PM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Alex, I can appreciate the pain you've been through the last week. While I've never been involved in an issue where that many customers were affected, I have been involved when a customer had a machine down that was costing them thousands of dollars per minute. And even when it's their fault, if they're blaming you, you have to suck it up and fix the problem.

Thanks for the massive amount of work you have undoubtedly put in over the last week. That's just another reason why I'll keep my hosting with AV. You have always provided top-notch support, and during this disaster you have worked tirelessly on our behalf. Thank you.

BTW, I'm just up the road, so if you ever need anything just ask. I don't know much about web servers and migration, but I can answer emails and telephones. I'm mildly qualified to do that much...

Thanks again, Alex. You rock.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 11-10-2007, 10:20 PM

Alex....
You have a multitude of loyal supporters who appreciate your effort. All of us pray for your sucess in this adventure. Thanks for being there!
Jim Small

Tags
blade, forge, knife, knives