MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 08-29-2003, 05:44 PM
Registered

Send a message via AIM to lorifreel Send a message via Yahoo to lorifreel
Question Please Help Me

I have come across and rather elaborately decorated knife that I was wandering if there would be a chance of someone helping me find out more about. The handle is metal and carved into a dragon with its teeth bore and the eyes are red stones. On one side offset in the knife handle is the picture of a woman with hair of fire and she is standing one a volcano. On the other side there is a round gold seal that says KNIGHTSTONE COLLECTIONS and has a shield with K S that are diagnal to each other and two crowns that are the same way. The blade, and please forgive my ignorance, but I know no other way to explain it...it is something that reminds me of a star trek thing. Also on the blade there are flames that are gold. If it a very nice knife but I have no clue about it at all. I was wandering if someone could possiblely help me figure out how and where to find out more about this knife. I will get a picture of it soon for those that would like to see it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old 08-29-2003, 07:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to J.Arthur Loose Send a message via Yahoo to J.Arthur Loose
I found two knives by this company on a quick Ebay search, and a Google search turned up a 'Biker-Friendly,' link with this address:

Knightstone Collections: One Tower Rd in Media, PA 19063
Miscellaneous / Collector knives

Google has *all* the answers.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that they aren't custom or handmade though, and though we are friendly on the Custom Knife Directory, we don't usually discuss factory knives.

jloose.com

Old 08-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Registered

Knighstone collection

Check out this site http://community.webshots.com/album/46749561Vfxozu/1

Just do a search for Knightstone Collections+

Dave

Old 08-29-2003, 09:42 PM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Holy Crap! Portal Georgia?!? That's where I'm from! What's your real name. I probably know you. I'd be glad to take a look at that knife for you. Give me a call. 865-2830.

Wow, small world. Portal's population probably doesn't break the 1000 mark. Kinda neat to see someone from there here on the boards. I use Statesboro in my profile because it's easier to find. Wow.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 09-03-2003, 10:37 PM
Master

From what I gather from the web site linked to below, the Knightstone knives are available from the Franklin Mint.

http://www.drakhan.com/warrior.html

Old 09-04-2003, 08:30 AM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Sorry I let this thread die, but I wanted to tell everyone what a small world it really is. Lori and I went to school together from Kindergarten until we graduated from high school. She's the only person other than my wife that I've ever known to have the same birthday as I do.

Kinda neat. I guess the internet really is a small place.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 09-04-2003, 11:19 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via Yahoo to hammerdownnow
Jamey, How did she take finding out the knife she liked was a POS not worthy of the Boris art printed on it? Someone tried to trade me one for a tattoo. I refused and they just left it here. What a poor excuse for a knife. No snap, gold paint, pot metal cast handle.

I found a school friend from here in town on here also. Don Crockett.

Old 09-04-2003, 11:43 AM

I actually haven't seen the knife yet. Schedules, etc. But it does sound like one of the "customs" they sell on the Home Shopping Channel. My wife doesn't understand why I watch the knife sales on HSN and laugh hysterically! Try it sometime, it will definately give you a good laugh.

Old 09-05-2003, 02:06 AM
Administrator

You may laugh at them, but they're laughing all the way to the bank. I know their supplier and they are moving some serious metal, junk or not. It's more sad than funny to me ... imagine getting one of those packages and finding out what you bought was junk.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 09-05-2003, 08:34 AM

True, Alex, but it is still funny to me that two grown men can get on stage and get so excited about what is so obviously crap. But you're right, they do make some money at it, or they wouldn't do it. It is kinda sad for the purchaser. I just can't help laughing at the sellers.

Old 10-26-2003, 11:46 PM
Steel Addict

People should be smarter. What kind of sucker believes you can purchase quality knives for $1.90 each.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:20 PM

Bulldog,

You are absolutlely correct.

As the saying goes "a fool and their money are soon parted".

Personally, I think one of the best things that can happen is that people do get a box of crap.

These different shopping channels are making money as they should be. People watch these knife programs, believe the hype and then get a dose of reality when the knives get there.

What they find out is there is a reason a $400 knife....costs $400.

Jamey, Im with you. I do on occasions watch these shows. I to have a good laugh.

www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com
Old 11-02-2003, 06:15 AM
Registered

Lol, those 2 guys are just so intense. "its an amaaaaazing deal, 432 knives, at 24 cents each! Thats right, 432 high quality, stainless steel knives, at less than a quarter each!".

Truth be told though, most people that do buy from those guys get what they want. They arent interested in quality art, getting something thats unique. Generally people that buy those packages are going to resell the knives at some swapmeet somewhere and make a little profit themselves, or have them to show their buddies. /Shrug to each their own.

Tags
blade, knife, knives