MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 11-06-2003, 11:11 PM

AKI Photo's...

OK, for all of you that just *might* be interested in this venue, I have a number of knife photo's finished with more as I get to them. These images take time, as you will see.

Just as important (or even more so...) are the people involved. I include a link to go over all the pics I took. I will add captions as time goes on, but for now you will just have to guess.

Here's a few pics to whet your appetite:

Van Barnett dagger

Van Barnett Persian

Kaj Embretsen dagger

Kaj Embretsen single-blade folder

Kaj Embretsen double-blade folder

Tim Hancock - 'Hancock Bowie'

And here is a link to visit my complete album, including the show and people pics. You can see Moran's, Loveless, Walker, etc, but at a distance. That's the best I could do. The people are *most* intriguing as is the setup.

AKI Show and people

You may even know of few of these knuckleheads!

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 11-06-2003, 11:53 PM

Congratulations Coop! It's been wonderful following your story here at CKD--from honing your photographic skills just like everyone else to finally declaring your intentions to turn pro. Seemed like you'd just unveiled your business logo "Sharp By Coop" when an opportunity appeared: "Photographer needed for AKI Show." Oh how the excuses piled up--too busy, too tired, just got back, gotta leave again, timing is terrible etc. Certainly it was no different for you--but you rose to the occasion, sucked it up and made it happen! You've always had the stuff, and now you've got the proof! What an inspiration! Great story, great images and best of all--great future!

Avatar ~ custom crank case cover from 1969 Harley shovelhead chopper
Old 11-07-2003, 12:14 AM
Skilled

That was a good time Coop. I remember almost all of those moments vividly. Seeing the knives up close again, I can remember you and I feeling like schoolboys with the keys to the ice cream store being in that room as one after another of these fantastic knives came in. Just so you guys know, thats Coop in shot number #3606 taken by a world renowned photographer.. Keep the posts coming Jim...The photos are very well done...Best, Rich
Old 11-07-2003, 07:48 AM
Steel Addict

Those are nice pics. All the knives are great, but that Hancock bowie is something special!
Old 11-07-2003, 09:16 AM

Rich, Kudos to you too, man! Your step-up volunteer spirit sure put you in the right place at the right time! Coop, thanks also for sharing the pics of your set-up, lighting and everything. Big fun!

Avatar ~ custom crank case cover from 1969 Harley shovelhead chopper
Old 11-07-2003, 07:04 PM
Steel Addict

Coop, can't thank you enough for the photos. There are many of us who hope to attend the AKI someday and go to the shows we can.
The ultimate in knife ART is a real inspiration to makers,collectors, and 'gawkers" alike.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:14 PM

Guys, thanks for your comments. I enjoy 'giving back', and doing posts like this *is* especially time-consuming. But.... I wouldn't be where I am right now by holding back and not contributing. Somehow there is always a reward greater than the sacrifice!

Buddy, I owe you a beer for your comments. They always make me smile. We'll hook up someday. And you're right about Rich--he and I got along famously because of the similar spirits.

I gotta add in some comments and descriptions to those pics soon. I'll let you know when I do.

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 11-11-2003, 08:57 AM

More pics have been added to the display, as I have been working on them. Plus, I added comments and descriptions to the pictures of the show and people to make some sense out of it all.

If THIS shot doesn't give you a good idea of what was presented there--then I'm a monkey's uncle...!

AKI photo album

I have been experimenting with some different layouts. What works and what doesn't? I'll listen.

Coop

Edit ### one caveat: Fototime downsizes the pics to 640 pixels wide by default. Al of these are original at 700, and the downsizing has degraded resolution noticably. You can click on a link for 'original size' to see the difference.

Last edited by SharpByCoop; 11-11-2003 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:13 AM
Steel Addict

LOVE IT!!!
You will for sure take some pics of my knives next/first time we meet

Old 11-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Steel Addict

Hi Coop,
just wanted to add my thanks for making these great photos of fantastic knives available for us here...all the pictures are great, and I wonder what you still have in store for us.
Thanks

Jens.

Old 11-12-2003, 02:41 PM
Guru

Some stunning work Coop, I can imagine how hard it was for you to be surrounded by all those wonderful knives

Roger

Old 11-12-2003, 02:45 PM
Hall of Famer

nice work, jim - and rich. thanx for your response to us whiners for posting the fruits of your labors.
i'll also be expecting to see some of your stuff in the knife rag coverage of the show.
thanx again

Tags
blade, knife, knives