MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 12:49 PM

Let's Not Bash "The other forum"

Hi Jack and other Randall enthusiasts!

Firstly, Jack don't feel badly about confessing your banishment from Rhett's old forum (now under new management). It's really a badge of honour. Remember you'll always be welcome to participate here! And thank you for your insightful observations and sound advice.

It would be a serious mistake to engage in a "War of the Randall Forums". Not only would folks be wasting valuable time (life is too short), but nothing good would come of it.

As you suggest, let's just get on with enjoying Randall knives in the friendly, non-confrontational way, as we always have during the now ten years of existence of this forum..

Cheers!

David

Last edited by Moosehead; 04-27-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Skilled

I concur. I did not want or intend to "bash" those people ... bless their hearts. They can do what they think is right and that's OK with me. I thought I was simply sharing information (about being banned) ... perhaps I was inflammatory or insensitive or something. I'll edit. Regards.

Last edited by Jacknola; 04-27-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Skilled

I didn't see anything inflammatory from you Jack. I think your research to be well thought out and presented in a professional manner. Always appreciated.
I am not a bashing type of guy David, and that certainly wasn't my intention either. Just relaying a bit of my bizarre experience, and ready to move on with brighter forum days ahead.

Regards, Samg
Old 04-27-2015, 06:28 PM

Hi Sam!

I agree with you that there is nothing Jack or you posted that could be called inflammatory.

I started this thread as a foil to the one begun by dirty water entitled: Let's Bash "The other forum"

I found his thread title to be a very incendiary and locked it immediately. Nobody wants to give a green light to "bashing" the Knife Network under the guise of "defending" another forum.

I look forward to you guys, and all those (including dirty water) who are interested and passionate about Randall knives to join in the fun here at the KN.

Now which pocket did I leave my Smithsonian in? ... Ouch!

Cheers!

David

Old 04-27-2015, 07:06 PM
Steel Addict

"It is a shame to see what has happened in the hobby, especially on HIS forum..."

"I too was effectively silenced OVER THERE as well etc. Etc.THEIR tactics are exposed for all to see, that's for sure"

I thought these statements were in the wrong thread, (Rhett's remembrance) so I started a new one where the gentlemen who felt a need, to express their displeasure with the other forum.

And as I said in a PM to you Moose, "I am not a moderator here", however, my last two posts seem to start an action that ended "incendiary" remarks against "other forum" members, so, mission accomplished.

Not looking for a fight over HERE, so I'll just leave quietly, and go back to posting once in a great while...good luck sir.

---DW---
Old 04-27-2015, 07:50 PM
Skilled

Scott, no offense was intended by me, whatever the issue was over there...not really very important to me given the environment of that place.

Whether you agree or disagree with my findings, I wouldn't mind your input on my discovery lines if you have something positive to add, or something you think would help clarify an issue. Or you could PM me if you want to be anonymous.

Last edited by Jacknola; 05-08-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:25 AM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Water
I thought these statements were in the wrong thread, (Rhett's remembrance) so I started a new one where the gentlemen who felt a need, to express their displeasure with the other forum.

And as I said in a PM to you Moose, "I am not a moderator here", however, my last two posts seem to start an action that ended "incendiary" remarks against "other forum" members, so, mission accomplished.

Not looking for a fight over HERE, so I'll just leave quietly, and go back to posting once in a great while...good luck sir.

---DW---

Scott claims to not be looking to stir up things up, yet he does on the other forum. On the "A build That'll Matter....guaranteed" thread, he posts,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Water
God bless you Cap!, u keep doing great stuff like this for people and they might start talking GOOD about u on another forum!

Scott, please stop indirectly referencing me over there at KTF. It's not in good taste. You guys are doing a great thing for Robert Welch's family. That's what family does. There is no need to take shots at this time when something good is being done for Mr Welch's family.

With both you, Scott, and Stanaback both being members over here at KnifeNetwork, it would have been a good gesture if you would have announced Mr Welch's passing for those Randall collectors on this forum that are not members of KTF. Also for perhaps Stanaback to open up the raffle to this forum as well. Would it not raise more money for the family? Who knows, we may start "Talking Good" about Cap if he were inclusive, and maybe even "talk Good" about you as well.

It's just a sad thing what's going on in this community.

Regards, Sam
Old 11-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Steel Addict

THE HIGH ROAD

Sam,

Please allow me to straighten out my comment: it was meant as a joke to the Captain, nothing more...but, I can see how it could be misconstrued...however, I did not mention anybody by name as I WAS referring to the entire Randall KNW crew who have spoke ill of the Cap., definitely including you though.

I do not know of anyone who could have undertook the process of continuing a RMK forum of any kind other than Captain Chris, he has done nothing but entirely promote Randalls' on every forum he's been a part of, including this one in 2005, check it out. You, nor anyone else but perhaps Rick Bowles (who was in the full beginning process of Rhett's forums), could possibly understand how much time, effort, time, energy, money, did I mention time? that these forums take away from business, family and friends...and I, and SOOOOO many more are WAY past sick and tired of hearing about how "sad it is what is happening in this community" referring to KTF...It is now and will remain the BEST Randall community forum no matter how much hurt people continue to try and degrade the happenings over there. It is really time to move on sir.

---DW---
Old 11-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Skilled

DW
That may be your story, and you are welcome to stick to it, but you didn't need to mention a name, as I am the only one to comment about Mr Stanaback. No brainer.
I certainly understand why you defend him, your experience with him is much different than mine. As to my relationship with him, he failed to follow thru on a promise to me, and he called me out for no reason.
You know DW, there probably have been many jerks over the years that you guys had to deal with, but I was not one of them.
If you would seriously review my thread record with an unbiased attitude, you would find that I never insulted anyone, including GTR.
I defended myself when folks got personal with me, but I always kept it clean.
DW, may I suggest you stick with doing what you do best, shop foreman, and stay out of the business of trying to intuit peoples intentions from their posts. All that you have accomplished as far I am concerned, is convinced me to limit my Randall collecting to pre 1983.

Who knows how many people that you have insulted for all the wrong reasons. Has it ever dawned on you that we are Randall customers?

I would go so far as to challenge you to show me one post worthy of the kind of treatment KTF dealt to me. I on the other hand can list many. So if your CLAIM that KTF is the best Randall forum available is true....then Randall communities are in trouble.

When censorship is done as on your BEST forum, namely the" Nice to see the new site open" thread, where the owner locked the thread because a reasonable discussion was going on, a forum of no opinions allowed is not the best of anything.

Just calling it like it is. So if anyone over there, including you DW want to lay a little honest debate on the table about my banning, based on the record, I would welcome it.

I have moved on DW, but when I am referenced, either directly, or indirectly, as you did, I will call you out on this little thread, as long as the mods allow it.

If I am guilty of anything, I guess it may be of paying too much attention to you guys over there. Lots of great info over there, always has been.

I guess you decided to stay away from my comment about you and Cap not being inclusive of this Randall forum...?

Regards, Sam G
Old 11-12-2015, 09:07 PM
Steel Addict

I tried...

Stay tuned on KTF...

---DW---
Old 11-13-2015, 04:35 PM

Sam / Scott,

I've stayed out of the forum cross talk because I hoped you guys could work things out. It's pretty obvious now that's not going to happen. That's unfortunate because I really respect both of you guys, and I think I know you both well enough to believe you could have been the best of friends in a different universe. I don't think there's anyone who would disagree that that the cross talk is detrimental to the Randall Community, and the Community is more important that any one or two individuals. This just plain has to stop, and we all need to forgive and forget past transgressions real or imagined. To this end I am locking this thread before someone copies and pasts Scott's reply on KTF here so the diatribe continues unabated. I've discussed this with David and he is in agreement. Cross forum innuendos or bashing will not be tolerated here any longer.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Ron
Closed Thread

Tags
advice, back, bee, beginning, build, chris, collecting, forge, hand, hobby, knife, knives, man, pocket, randall, shop, show