MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 07-27-2002, 01:49 PM
Steel Addict

For Coop-OT

Coop-
I want 160 rear wheel HP!!!:evil :evil :evil
What dealer do you work for? got a new Mean Streak, awesome bike!! I been watching for the big brown truck to bring my new Samson slash cuts, then going to put on a Thunder Mfg. airkit. I see that they offer a hypercharger for the bike, not really sure if that would be advantageous or not. Looks to me like it would restrict more airflow than the larger, open K&N filter setup. Yea, I know that this doesn't belong here, maybe we'll find some more riders and convince Alex to start a biker's forum.
Dan

Check out my custom pens!
Old 07-27-2002, 06:45 PM

You can start biker threads any time you like over in the community forum...we'd love to have to have you!

Dennis

Yeah Baby!
Old 07-27-2002, 08:28 PM

Thumbs up You have no control over your addictions!!!

OK, DB. Long ago I learned that 'accelleration' is a DRUG! it is so very compelling, and addicting.

Funny, some folks have no desire to go fast. Others (you and me!! ), feel that guteral surge and can't get enough. Well, I will say that I've had enough 'fixes' in my life that I can sit back and slow down a bit. (over 70 7-second 1/4 mile dragstrip passes on a motorcycle!) Nowadays I ride a lowly 48 hp Honda NT650. Sorry!

But truth be told, I still love the test rides I 'have' to take on modern sportbikes. It's a tough job!!! Nope, sorry, haven't ridden the 'Mean Streak' yet (Kawasaki Power Cruiser!).

Keep that helmet on and watch the side traffic and oncoming left turners! Cool!

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 07-28-2002, 09:47 PM

Coop,

It not going fast that I'm afraid of, it a sudden stop!

Too many people on the streets think that you can stop on a dime, so I don't like driving too fast on the streets. Oh yea there are those pesky speed limits too.

Never had the cash for anything near your drag bike. Your skills are most impressive.

Bob Sigmon
Old 08-04-2002, 07:14 AM
Steel Addict

Just got the samson pipes put on, and WOW!! definate performance(and sound) increase. Before, cruising at 65MPH was 3000rpm on the nose, now 3000rpm is 68MPH. I'll be putting the airkit on in the next month or so, and I'll post the difference in here. Siggi, I agree about other #######. I took a Motorcycle Safety Course when I bought this bike and I highly recommend one to EVERY cyclist, even those with years of experience. I wouldn't be opposed to it being mandatory! According to the MSD, 92% of all bike accidents involve riders who haven't been to these courses. I try to ride as defensively as possible, but there is still danger on every foot of road. Never really noticed how bad people are about tailgating until I got this bike. It is just plain stupid. If you think about, my bike is capable of coming to a complete stop from 60mph in 120', the best cars are at least twice that, so that would leave the car dragging me for quite a painful distance. Some auto ####### just don't grasp this concept. Whenever possible, I do point this out to #######. This seems to have a profound effect on them. Couold be because I am 6'3" and 280lbs, burly beard and typically wearing some kind of pit bull shirt, not really sure. I also praise the ####### who weren't tailgating me whenever possible. Longwinded post, sorry.
Dan

Check out my custom pens!