MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 06-19-2002, 03:52 PM
Founding Member Sys_Admin

Send a message via ICQ to KnifeWife Send a message via Yahoo to KnifeWife
Wink Presidential Facts

Disclamier: I claim no responsibility for the accuracy, truthfullness or lack of in the following:

Presidential "Facts"

Abraham Lincoln did not write the Gettysburg Address on the back of an envelope. In fact, he worked on that address for two weeks.

It was Cicero, not President John F. Kennedy, who first said words to the effect of, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

Some scholars believe Andrew Jackson was born at sea in 1755, not 1767, and thus was not eligible to be president of the U.S. However, at least two states, North Carolina and South Carolina, claim his birth place, about a mile apart.

In 1824, Andrew Jackson received more popular votes than John Adams, yet lost the election. The vote was so close that neither candidate received a majority of the electoral votes. The decision then went to the House of Representatives, which elected Adams.

Zachary Taylor, twelfth president of the U.S., did not vote until he was sixty-two. He did not even vote in his own election.

President Ulysses S. Grant was once arrested during his term of office. He was convicted of exceeding the Washington speed limit on his horse and was fined $20.

Old 06-20-2002, 06:26 PM
Guru

Okay I've heard of Cicero, a ####ed lawyer but who were the other lot?

Hmm, okay I've got some dollars here so I recognise the Lincoln bloke, didn't he have some trouble at the theatre? I expect the rest were just blasted politicians....

Roger

Old 06-21-2002, 11:17 AM
Founding Member Sys_Admin

Send a message via ICQ to KnifeWife Send a message via Yahoo to KnifeWife
Talking OK Roger...

Now you've started me - on a search for facts about your PM's.

Just wait....

Old 07-04-2002, 09:33 AM
Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to jar
Quote:
Originally posted by Roger Gregory
Okay I've heard of Cicero, a ####ed lawyer but who were the other lot?

Hmm, okay I've got some dollars here so I recognise the Lincoln bloke, didn't he have some trouble at the theatre? I expect the rest were just blasted politicians....

Roger
"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the show?"

The bone-chilling scream split the warm summer night in two, the first half being before the scream when it was fairly balmy and calm and pleasant, the second half still balmy and quite pleasant for those who hadn't heard the scream at all, but not calm or balmy or even very nice for those who did hear the scream, discounting the little period of time during the actual scream itself when your ears might have been hearing it but your brain wasn't reacting yet to let you know.