MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 04-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Enthusiast

A Simple Leuku

I was starting to become very embarrassed when people would ask me if I had a knife I made on me and all I would ever have is a crappy knife I made a few years ago that more resembles a shiv then a proper knife, so when I could stand it no more I made myself a simple leuku. This knife is common in northern Europe and often used by the Sammi reindeer herders. I have recently come to enjoy these knives and decided to make one just for me. The blade is 1090 with hamon and measures 5 1/2 inches long, copper ferrule leather spacers and Minnesota birch burl. My fiance and I were hunting pasque flowers this morning when I took this photo, new knife for a new spring. All comments are welcome, but since this one is mine I wasn't too fussy about it being a very nice knife, just simple and utilitarian. It also has a simple brown pouch sheath not shown in the picture as I was too lazy to take it off my belt for the photo

Robert

Old 04-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Steel Addict

Nice blade. Yes it is embarrassing to have the crappy shop knife on you when someone wants to see your work...

Tags
belt, birch, blade, common, hamon, hunting, knife, knives, leather, made, make, minnesota, sheath, shop, simple, spacers