MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Enthusiast

Good points Steve. I am filling the inside with light to the extent possible and was planning on painting walls and ceiling white. Lots will be covered on the walls I think, but I am hoping the white will reflect some. Its a small enough space I am hoping not to need lots of additional lighting, but I guess I will know when I start projects.

Added fire ext. to my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVanderkolff View Post
Couple of things that I didn't see mentioned above. Lighting, however much you think you need , you will even more and the ability to high light certain work areas. Also fire extinguishers, never needed them but having 2 or three placed in strategic spots around the shop sure makes me feel happier. As for the air, use it to blow the chips away from your work surface at the drill press or the mill.
Hope that helps
Steve
Old 07-23-2014, 01:56 PM
Steel Addict

You stated that you were going to trench back to the house this weekend. If it were me I would lay some 2" or 3" PVC in my trench to make sure that I have a way to rerun the wire if the time ever comes that it needs to be done. I would also toss in an extra 2" or 3" PVC pipe and dead end it in the shop for future use. Its always cheaper to run extra pipe than to re- trench. You might want to add a first aid cabinet too.
Mike

Tags
awesome, building, fire, forge, forged, forging, grinder, grinding, hammer, hardware, home, homemade, knife, knife making, knives, lawn mower, made, making, shop, stabilizing, steel, tools, weld, white, wrap