MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 08-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Enthusiast

Dave Cole DCknives RIP

Dave was my mentor and one of the most giving people i have ever known. I can't count the times i visited Dave and Linda for advise, opinion's or just to show what i was working on. I never left that house w/o hands full of *gifts* wood,steel,antler etc. and none of them were poor quality or substandard material. In fact anything i showed interest in somehow became a gift.

Dave, YOU WERE the BEST gift of all.

This world is poorer for losing him, but the next is so much RICHER.

I am shocked as i rarely have been online lately, or out in the world much,as a result *I have been in my own world and the challenges their* for sometime.

I had a project i wanted to share but i am too emotional right now. I,ll post it at a later date.

Bryce

A quote from another forum and friend of Daves:
"For those that did'nt know Dave or his knives and sheaths very well, Dave was a knifemaker who's skills in leatherworking quickly surpassed his knives.He made great knives, but his leatherworking skills was several notches above his knives, and that's what he became known for,more so than his knives.That is until Terry Morin came into the picture.Terry pushed Dave beyond what he had ever done before, and provided him with both materials and designs that he had never before attempted, resulting in some of the finest knives Dave ever made.This speaks volumes for the skills he had, as well as the determination not to let a project get the best of him.He was a friend to all and a mentor to many, and I thought the world of him, loved him like a brother, and will miss him greatly.Dave always ended our phone calls will Addios Brother.With that being said,Dave your presence on this earth and in this life was cherished and will be missed, and until we meet again, Addios Brother!!"

Last edited by FOG2; 08-26-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Tags
antler, mentor, post, supply