MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Steel Addict

Send a message via AIM to Adlai Stein
The Saga of Erik Redneck

I haven't been over here in quite a while and I've missed it. I've posted this on a couple other forums. Here is what I've been up to lately.

The Saga of Erik Redneck claims that Erik is the 4th son of Erik The Red. He however does not appear to be mentioned in The Saga of the Greenlanders like his brothers Leif, Thorvald and Thorsteinn. The saga states that the young Erik Erikson wandered away after a long night of drinking from his brother Leif's hall in Vinland and after many months decided to settle down in the hills of modern day West Virginia about a half mile from the Ohio River near what is now Huntington. Archeologists have recently discovered what they believe to be Erik?s double wide long house. They have found 2 fairings style boats up on blocks in what appears to have been the front yard. A runic bumper sticker reads How?s my sailing call 299 354-555-2442. There was also a proliferation of mead casks strewn in the yard with some obviously having been used as planters and spittoons.

The Seax I reproduced from the Saga of Erik Redneck is forged to shape from a farrier's rasp. The guard and pommel are forged from wrought iron from the old Columbus Penitentiary. The handle is dyed bone with leather spacers.

The overall length is 25". The blade length is 18" and 2" wide.

As always comments and criticism of this silliness welcome

Thanks for looking.

Tags
blade, knife