MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Fine Embellishment

Fine Embellishment Everything from hand engraving and scrimshaw to filework and carving. The fine art end of the knifemaker's craft.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Brian Marshall
Hawaiian Hand Engraving Workshops

5 Day - Basic and Intermediate Hand Engraving Workshops in Hawaii. January 9 – 13 & January 16 – 20

ALL hand tools & power-assisted tools & materials supplied. For details contact John Flynn off the forum at 808-889-5322 or Flynn@wave.bicv.net
Old 12-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Enthusiast

I'm sure my wife would just hate to spend a week in Hawaii while I was enhancing my engraving education. To be on the safe side, I'd better not mention this one to her. (Ha,Ha)
Hey.........Brian Marshall! How are ya'?
Brian Powley
Old 12-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Brian,

Up to my eyeballs in silly season stuff, mostly platinum engraving and diamond setting. Hawaii will be a nice break from this madness? but it may keep me from getting to FEGA/Reno?

The other Brian
Old 12-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Enthusiast

I know what you mean............'Tis the season for being overwhelmed.
I won't make Reno this year(2006)............Spent all my $ attending the Grand Masters.
Maybe next year. Good to hear from you.
Brian
Old 12-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Enthusiast

Hey Brian,

I swore I wasn?t gonna take Xmas work EVER again? but when they wave those $100 bills around, I just keep forgetting I promised myself I wouldn?t do this anymore?

Money never seems to stretch far enough ? right now any extra is getting sucked up reassembling my machine shop and taking advanced courses in that direction. Much as I would have loved to take in one or both of the ?Masters? in Kansas ? I just couldn?t justify $4,000 - plus the time away from the bench? What I?ve invested in the machine tools & education/time has already paid me back triple in just 4 months!

Hawaii is just the beginning of 2006 - I?ve got engraving workshops in Phoenix, Tucson, Taos, Taxco - Mexico ? Guadalajara - Mexico - Barcelona - Spain (maybe), and Massachusetts (another maybe) - plus more jewelry related workshops at home this year than last year. On top of that there?s the bread & butter ?production? engraving, and my gallery line. I?m supposed to have ?retired? and slowed down? Back to the bench ? stuff has to be shipped in the morning?

Brian - from California who wishes XMas was over... (so I can make that New Years resolution again, the one about NEVER taking in XMas jobs
Old 12-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Enthusiast

You gotta love those customers that say "Charge me double, but I have to have it next week."
Doesn't sound like you are very "Retired" at all, but I'm glad to hear you're busy.
I never would've believed that I could be this busy at something I just love doing everyday.

Let me know when you are planning the Massacheusetts trip. I need to visit some friends in Boston and I might be able to work it in my schedule.

Merry Christmas to you.
Brian
Old 12-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Enthusiast

One space left Jan. 9 ? 13th in the 1st Annual Hawaiian Hand Engraving workshop. If you are interested contact John Flynn off the forum at 808-889-5322 or flynn@wave.bicv.net

Everything needed to learn to engrave will be available; you can try every tool and technique and save yourself a lot of time and money by "test driving" the tools. See 'em all and find out which one fits your hand, your skill level, and your wallet. This is a learning experience not a sales venue.

Along about January some of the people on this forum may be trying to figure out which piece of furniture to break up and burn ? just to keep warm? John Flynn says 80 degrees is normal?

Brian

Tags
forge