MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 07-26-2001, 08:12 PM
Dexter Ewing

SouthEastern Custom Knife Show

Terrill's post about the Denver PKA show reminded me of the upcoming S.E. Custom Knife show, held in Winston-Salem, NC. Anyone from CKD will be going? Terrill will be there as will A.T. Barr and Mark Hazen. If anyone is going and would like to do dinner on Friday evening 9/7, I am getting a group together to go out to eat that night. So far the group consists of members from the other knife discussion forums, BladeForums.com, and a small cadre of makers (Darrel Ralph, A.T., Mark, Ron Newton, and John Fitch). If anyone would like to join us that night, drop me a line and I'll add you to the list (knifenut@mindspring.com)

The SECKS takes place on 9/8 and 9/9 at the M.C. Benton Convention Center in downtown Winston-Salem. It features a lot of local and regional makers and dealers. Should be a fun time again this year!
Old 07-27-2001, 07:47 AM
David Dempsey

Yes, I will be there as well. I am a member of the N.C. Guild. A great group of knifemakers, with a very supportive organization. The Guild has several meetings a year, that not only handle administrative items, but do demo's / workshop type activities. They also host knifemaking classes at the Community College up there. Good stuff. This will be my first show there, and I have heard nothing but positives about it. They say that Tommy Mc Nabb (Pres of Guild) hosts a first rate show for the maker's and public alike. I would love to have the chance to meet some of the forum group for dinner, so count me in. Look forward to meeting ya'll at the show....

David

www.dempseyknives.com
Old 07-27-2001, 09:05 AM
Terrill Hoffman

I will agree with Dexter on his thoughts of this show. It is one that I count the days to. It's enjoyable even if you don't like knives.
Old 07-27-2001, 10:01 AM
Dexter Ewing

David - please send me an email so I can add you to the email list for the dinner. Thanks.
Old 07-27-2001, 02:19 PM
acs1943

SECKS

My son and I hope to make it to the show from England
And look forward to seeing you all

Regards

Alan
Old 07-29-2001, 09:49 PM
jhpoythress

SouthEastern Show

Hi Dexter,
John and I will be there. John is a member of the Guild and I do the newsletter. John loves doing that show. It is always a good show for him. Tommy McNabb and the other guys in the Guild do a first class show. Their efforts to make the Guild a top notch organization has paid off. The meetings are always full of interesting demos put on by other members and sometimes guests. The classes, held at Montgomery Community College that the Guild co-sponsors with the College, are great. A list of the classes can be found on the Guild's website. I think the address is www.ncknifeguild.org. John and I will talk--when he gets in from the knife shop--and let you know about supper. Hope to see you there.
Old 07-30-2001, 10:26 AM
Dexter Ewing

Re: SouthEastern Show

Hi Mrs. Joan!

We'd love to have you and John join us for dinner if you can make it, please feel free to email me (knifenut@mindspring.com) if you decide to attend so I can add both of you to the list. Any way, looking forward to seeing both of you soon.

Tags
knife, knives