MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Skilled

i got a new toy today

its a kmg, i went to the ABS school of knife making last month and after two weeks of grinding on a kmg i had to have one. fed -ex delivered it around 2pm and by 3:30 i was grinding. i had my own motor and wireing it up and mounting the switch was what took the most time . i got the small wheel attachment,flat platen and 8'' wheel. man i love this thing. now to hook up a dust collector. boo

Old 04-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Enthusiast

Sounds like you'll be having a good time for a while. How did the two weeks at the school go?
Old 04-17-2007, 04:50 AM
Skilled

Send a message via Yahoo to combs6136
What horse did you put on it?.....Show us some grind lines....carl

Old 04-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Skilled

hey sammy whats up? school was great. we had burt gaston and greg neely for our teachers. both mastersmiths. i learned so much i could write a book. no kidding, burt and greg both shared tips and tricks about any thing you wanted to ask them. there both class acts.

carl , i put a 2hp 240v baldor my brother gave me. its 3500 rpm and rob said that wold be to much speed so i went with the three groove pulleys that he sells and im only usingthe two small grroves on the motor. i cant stop this grinder.no matter how hard i push. as far as my grinding goes im very happy. burt gaston showed me how to grind and he solved all my problems. boo

Old 04-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Skilled

Hey guys,

Don't let Boo fool you, he didn't need a KMG to grind with, he could use anything and would end up with a knife ready for the journeyman smith test!! I saw some of his work there at school and believe me, it was top notch. Of course, with the tips and suggestions from the teachers, everyone improved. Wait till you see some of his work in the near future, you'll see what I mean.

Bill
Old 04-18-2007, 08:09 PM

Hey, Boo how about posting some pic's of your latest work and that KMG !!! I should have that D2 blade done this week.. Think I'm gonna use the ironwood ??
Old 04-19-2007, 06:25 AM
Skilled

thanks bill , that means alot coming from a celebrity ;-) have you heard from anyone else from class?

ive been real buisy this week making tools and redoing my shop. i made a heated quinch tank,springfullerer,welding forge,and only made one knife this week.on top of that ive been turky hunting all i can. but ill take pics of everything and send them to ya soon. boo

Tags
blade, forge, knife, knife making