MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
25lb Little Giant gone... Air Hammer Ordered!

Well, I watched my old friend (my 25lb Little Giant) getting hauled away to a new home in Alaska, and put my order in for a new Say-Mak Air Hammer from Tom Clark! It was kind of bittersweet watching the old hammer drive away. We produced a pile of blades and damascus together, and it was like letting go of one of your children.

Tom says that he should be here on the 25th or 26th with the new air hammer!

I've waited and saved for almost two years to get the air hammer......and if it lives up to my expectations, I'll be one happy camper.

Here's a link to information on Tom's webiste about the Air Hammer

Just to be sure, I think I'll hang on to my 50lb Little Giant until I know for sure that the new air hammer is going to do everything I want it to....and if it does then the 50lber will get sold off too.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 02-08-2006, 04:27 PM

Ed,

That is a nice looking Air Hammer. Smart to have it delivered and demoed by the master!

Keep us posted on the results.

Bob Sigmon
Old 02-10-2006, 03:53 AM
Steel Addict

Ed,

Congratulations! I know you've been wanting this for some time. I've heard nothing but good things about Tom's hammer. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Yours,

John

Old 02-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Whatya going to name it, Big Boy?...... Have fun with the new toy.

Old 02-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Well, once it get into it's new home and gets bolted down, the next step is going to be painting it some racey colors! Maybe. I like the hammer, but the paint that's on it has got to go. One of my local blacksmith friends has already told me that it has to have an STP sticker on it.
I was at the local hardware store this morning picking up some hammer handles and noticed that they now have the Hammer-Rite paint in a wide variety of colors including blues and purples! I'm think that the new hammer will have to be either red and black or the Hammer-rite green and black. Can't have stuff in the shop that doesn't match!
How in the world could I ever expect to get a guest shot on HGTV if things didn't match. I'm being sarcastic about the HGTV thing. I wish someone would nuke that stupid station! The wife is always watching it, and it gives her all these ideas about what we should do with our house.

I just hope Tom does get it here by the end of the month. I was forging yesterday and kept trying to go to the spot where the 25lb hammer used to sit....need those drawing dies and the only thing around was the 50lber with it's flat dies. After the third time of reaching to turn on the switch (of the now gone 25lber) I just gave up forging for the rest of the day.
It's funny just how much motion in the shop becomes habit or muscle memory. And how used to stuff you become.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 02-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Skilled

Another 14 days to go in the withdrawal program Edderd. Sounds like the shakes and twitches have started - now comes the aches and pains, cold sweats, really bad dreams, and then you will get your fix. You will soar high when the power gets turned on to the new hammer.
HGTV?? I think I saw a program on there where a gal had an air hammer in the center of the living room See how that wil work w/ your better half.

Old 02-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Living Legend

My wife watches that to and every week she is redoing something. There are nights that I come home and have to ask where's the living room?

Good luck with the new hammer!

Tags
forging