MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Registered

Thoughts and prayers Ed! Been thinking about you a lot.

John
Old 06-29-2013, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Hi Everyone!

Well, as of yesterday (28 Jun) still nothing from the Mayo Clinic, so I decided to call them. Spoke with my Dr's secretary, and after looking through my records, he found they are still waiting for ONE test result. It's some kind of "stain" test on one of the slides from my previous lung biopsy. Guess it will be at least another week, because as of tomorrow......I AM ON VACATION! Several Knifemakers, including myself are going to Jim Clow's fishing lodge on Vancouver Island. (Scandia West Fishing Club). I hesitated about going, but Cindy cornered me and said "GO!". The only possible answer to that one is "Yes Ma'ma!" I'm a blessed man to have such a wonderful lady for my Wife.
Maybe by the time I get home (be back on Saturday, Jul 6th), the Mayo will have something for me.
I'll try to take pics and put a thread up about the trip.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 06-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Skilled

Good for Cindy, she's terrific. Thanks for the update now get packing!

Old 06-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Hey, Ed, glad to hear you sound so up. It sounds like they are sending a part of the biopsy out for special staining that rule in or out certain structures that the regular stains used in histology won't show. Remember that the proper response to your wife when she tells to to do something is "yes, dear". Go, enjoy yourself and catch plenty of fish for the freezer.

Doug

Old 06-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Skilled

Well good for you ED. Fishing will be fun to say the least. Wave hi when you fly by. I will be thinking about you pulling in all those scaly critters. You should have some news waiting when you get home. HAVE FUN.

Chuck Richards ABS J.S.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Caffrey View Post
Hi Everyone!

Well, as of yesterday (28 Jun) still nothing from the Mayo Clinic, so I decided to call them. Spoke with my Dr's secretary, and after looking through my records, he found they are still waiting for ONE test result. It's some kind of "stain" test on one of the slides from my previous lung biopsy. Guess it will be at least another week, because as of tomorrow......I AM ON VACATION! Several Knifemakers, including myself are going to Jim Clow's fishing lodge on Vancouver Island. (Scandia West Fishing Club). I hesitated about going, but Cindy cornered me and said "GO!". The only possible answer to that one is "Yes Ma'ma!" I'm a blessed man to have such a wonderful lady for my Wife.
Maybe by the time I get home (be back on Saturday, Jul 6th), the Mayo will have something for me.
I'll try to take pics and put a thread up about the trip.
Ed, born and raised in Vancouver , commercial salmon fisherman for years all through out the area your going.......hope your prepared for some fantastic scenery with some good fishing to be had
all the best , enjoy your stay , your in pretty good company !!

BC ROB
Old 06-30-2013, 05:09 PM
Skilled

Have a good time forget about the test and have a good time Brother Ed there is nothing like some good Fishing to take your mind off of the rest of the world. I look forward to seeing some good fish .

Blessings and Best Regards

Sam

Live and Let Live , Do Not trespass on Life or Me! As we are not so kind or forgiving !

Tags
back, bee, blade, cancer, chris, design, easy, fishing, forge, hand, handle, home, knife, knife making, knives, made, make, making, man, military, post, rod, supplies, teach