MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:16 AM

Yes, you will have to get in a ticket line to convert your VIP pass converted to a floor pass. Usually it is separated - diff booth than regular ticketing. Read the signs carefully.
Yes the lines form quickly and get long prior to opening for the Early Bird, so be prepared to stand in line for a while. You want front of line status you better be there early, I'd say 9ish. Seems like they are starting to get a line started even when they open the doors for us vendors at 8. Really good time to "map out" your strategy route while you stand there.
Like Ed said the first 30 - 40 minutes is hectic and a little bump and pushy coming in the door from what I can see from my table.
Just a note - Don't depend on the ATMs in the lobby to have cash after the first hour or so. They tap out quickly. Just keep your hand on your funds. Also don't expect every vendor to have card processor for their phone or a paypal account - cell phone reception varies with carrier and location within the event. Just be prepared.

ps - Dougie, I have a VIP reserved for you if you need it.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 05-09-2017, 07:19 AM
Guru

ED....See where I live I am about 40 mins north of the northern most part of NYC (Bronx) about just under a hour for me to hit manhattan. Up where I live its not a city small little suburb town. So I don't have to deal with the NYC BS when I don't want to....But I will admit I am a New Yorker to the bone so I do find my self in the city very often. Just grew up with it.....That being said it doesn't mean I don't think the city can be a huge pain! That's why I like living where I do the city is close enough when I want it but when I am home its a small town just like anywhere else.

JIm....I thought about The "master" line under your name I think mine is "guru" right now it randomly changes maybe time spent on the forum number of posts? Ask ray he would know.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Quote:
Elk.... in Great Falls..... not likely.
I didn't say "Great Falls". But, I have seen elk herds on the NE side of town (near Rainbow and Ryan dams).... I've had Bears, Moose, and even the occasional lion in my backyard over the years.
I rarely go anywhere without having to stop somewhere along the way for a herd of some critters or another. I love this place!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."

Tags
2017, art, back, ball, bee, blade, blade show, common, cutlery, first time, georgia, hand, knife, knifemaking, knives, make, makers, man, mexico, ore, profile, show, small, store, welding