MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Old 06-13-2001, 12:05 AM
CKDadmin

The great "Blade Show" thread ... Photos

I wanted to touch base on the show as soon as possible, but unfortunately the work load here has been pretty slammed since the lights went out. However, I wanted to start some posts with a few of the images that I have ready, and I'll try to add some each day here over the next couple of days.

The show was excellent from a CKD and general business standpoint, from my personal perspective. As soon as I walked in the door on Thursday, until 2 hours after close on Sunday, it was a bell-to-bell meeting for me. I did get a chance to touch base, however quickly, with most of the CKD members in attendance. As many of you know, my primary business is AtlantaVirtual.com, so much of my time was devoted to handling affairs for that, with whatever time left focused on CKD promotions, which I wish could have been in reverse.

In fact, I was quite surprised to find out that more people have been watching our efforts from afar than I ever imagined. Over the course of the weekend, we pulled in close to $100,000 dollars worth of serious collection pieces that are going on the CKD listing system with many new members joining the project and community. And, the general opinion I heard of the overall project is that we're developing something here that may have a major effect on the state of the business and industry, as we know it. Of course, this has been my personal battle cry all along. But, to hear it from most makers, many high-level one's and from a couple of individuals who hold personal million dollar collections made it all that more reinforcing.

Anyway, the entire time, people were coming to find me, grab me or asking me to come talk here and over there, so I basically had to leave my booth practically unattended the duration of the show.

There's a lot more of the story to tell, but I'll finish it up a little each day, as I need to get back to answering e-mail right now. But, I wanted to leave you with the first batch of photos to have a peak at some of the stuff I have ...

If anyone has any more photos of the show, post them in here and we'll have a running archive of the event in one place.

Talk soon ...

Alex

Don Cowles (CKD Founder)

Anders Johansson (CKD Founder)

AV Booth (Ghost Town)

Old 06-13-2001, 05:50 AM
KandSKNIVES

THANKS ALEX, WE APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT.
KEN (WWJD)
Old 06-13-2001, 08:16 AM
neil charity

G'day Gents,

The following are some images I took at the Blade Show, sorry it took me so long and I apologise for the quality of the images. Suffice to say I had a ball at the show and would like to come back next year.

Regards from Australia

Old 06-14-2001, 07:45 PM
KandSKNIVES

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY NEIL. THANKS FOR THE POST AND PHOTOS. GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK POSTING.
KEN (WWJD)
Old 06-15-2001, 01:37 PM
ansoknives

I wanna go I wanna go wanna go...well maybe next year if I am lucky...
Old 06-15-2001, 09:33 PM
neil charity

Hi Jens,

It has certainly been an eye-opener for me, it's by far the biggest show I have attended, and all paid for from knife sales either from my website or the CKD. All being well I hope to return next year.

Regards from Australia,

Old 06-15-2001, 10:25 PM
ERIC ELSON

Jens I'm going next year FOR SURE!!! I don't care if i have to walk!!!

I'm already excited
We'll have to get together if we both go....we can both be the Alien knifemakers......0] 0]

L8R
ERic
Old 06-16-2001, 02:15 AM
ansoknives

that would be cool Eric! ...might even share a table?
Old 06-16-2001, 09:09 AM
Don Cowles

here's another batch of photos from the Blade Show. The film had been in the camera for 2 years (ever since I went digital), so they are not good, but better than nothing.

Alex holding forth in the AV booth...

...and at the CKD dinner at a local Steak & Ale.

This is most of the folks who were able to join us. From the left, Bret, Don, Dogman, Rade, Neil, Alex, and Bret's uncle (hope I got that right, Bret!).

Bob and Rade philosophize, and to the right is a true *Southern* gentleman...

Neil is shown here in full bloom!

Rade looks much more serious in this shot than he was through most of the evening.

That's my son, Dave, sitting between Bret and Bob.

from the left, Bret's dad, Bret, Don, and Bob.

We were very disappointed that we missed connections with Anders, who had planned to join us, but we had a great time getting to know each other. We'll do it again next year!

Old 06-18-2001, 08:07 AM
Don Cowles

Oh, that CKD ADMIN is a caution!
Old 06-18-2001, 08:57 AM
CKDadmin

Otherwise known as "Bandwidth Pirate"

Alex
Old 06-29-2001, 08:12 PM
blackstocks

Blade

Heck, I was in the CKD booth more than Alex. Garyz
Old 07-01-2001, 12:06 AM
CKDadmin

Re: Blade

Gary,

That's because you're @v all the way!

Alex
Old 07-01-2001, 12:04 PM
BCB27

Re: Blade

Well, I am finally home from vacation. This is going to take a while to get caught up.

Brett

Tags
blade, knife