MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Texas Knifemakers and Collectors Association

Texas Knifemakers and Collectors Association Dedicated to promoting custom knives and knifemakers.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Hall of Famer

The man!!

Glenn Marshal called me the other day and offered some of his written notes for the next newsletter.

He and I had a long conversation. Made my day.

So be sure and read the next newsletter, probably in April.

Last edited by Don Robinson; 02-10-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Steel Addict

Glen is a good man, honest and great knife maker. Glad that he has offered some of his thougths, they need to be preserved.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Hall of Famer

Hi, Ed.

Nice to have you post here.

You know, if you'd join the TKCA I'd send you the newsletter with Glenn's input.

We have several members from outside of Texas. You ain't gotta be a Texan to join us.

He told me several stories over the phone about himself. Wish I'd had a tape recorder.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Guru

Nice job on the last newsletter, Don. Hopefully I'll have another article(s) for you for the next (couple) one(s).

Old 02-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Thanks, Don.

Us Dons done good.

Last edited by Don Robinson; 02-13-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Halter
Nice job on the last newsletter, Don. Hopefully I'll have another article(s) for you for the next (couple) one(s).
Don, I enjoyed the article you provided for the newsletter. I appreciate all that you are doing in your area to bring the guys together, hope I can come over sometime to join in on the fun!!

Old 03-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Hall of Famer

I have about 1/2 of the next newsletter composed. I did receive the information from Glenn Marshall. 4 pages in the newsletter.

Don, better get yours to me by next week. I expect to be able to print by April 1.

Ed Fowler, thanks for speaking up. Would you like a copy of this next newsletter? If so, please give me your mailing address. I think our budget can afford one more.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Guru

Unfortunately, I've spent more time in McAllen than home the last month so I haven't had a chance to put anything together for this one. I got the non-spectacular job of leading expert witness and expert scientist for one of our larger litigation projects. The valley is always so nice during rattlesnake mating season! I'll have a shop tour for the following month, though......assuming it quits raining enough for the mud to dry out in the front half of the shop!

I'll have a 6" bore medieval mortar done this month...we'll need it to fend off the mosquitoes at the next meet!

Johnny,
I was thinking of you this past weekend. We stayed a few days down at Canyon Lake. My wife said "there's just not much to do hear other than fish" and I mentioned a knifemaker lived near by with a whole lot more toys than I have. She just didn't seem to think that sounded like much more fun than the fishing!

I'll you to the list if you want. I've had a few more people contact me after the article, one couple even wanting to host a meet. I'll be sending out a bulk email for choosing a date for an April meet. We'll probably do a May and June also. We try and move them around some so the same people aren't always the ones who have to drive the long haul, but most are up here in Bryan.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Johnny, the reason we like to hold meets at Don's is that we are pretty much assured that something will go "BOOM". Sometimes its even intentional. It's fun to watch guys who have been there before because they all jump back far away from any furnace/heater/whatever that Don is lighting. We've seen the 'whooosh!'

Old 03-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Don,

You were spending time in McAllen without coming by to visit with me???

Come on over to Brownsville next time. About an hour southeast of McAllen.

I'll count on your shop tour for the 3rd. quarter newsletter.

A health physisitisistis, huh? We won't make you drink the city water from the river.

Last edited by Don Robinson; 03-21-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Guru

Unfortunately, when I'm down there I'm spending 10 hrs out in a field, then meeting with attorneys for another couple to discuss all the stupid things people said and did while in the field and scarcely get any time to do anything else. I'll be back down there several times for testimony in the not too distant future, though. Those trips will be a much lighter schedule. Timewise...what is your place from McAllen airport area? I was thinking of driving next time and doing some shopping in Mexico. Matamoros is much better than Reynosa!

Old 03-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Hall of Famer

Driving time from the McAllen airport is approx. 1 to 1 1/4 hrs. You can come straight here via 181 or use the expressway. The expressway has a lot of construction going on.

I know a guy here who has a few knives for sale, and Matamoros is only 5 minutes away.

And, you van write an article about the trip for the newsletter.

Tags
knife, knives